PDA

View Full Version : Calling Orlando area Miata folks

3MiataFamily
10-16-2013, 12:33 AM
this weekend a couple of New Englanders, 3MiataFamily and Meierznutz, will be in Orlando for the Orlando film Festival.

We participated in the 2012 Fireball Run Northern Exposure Adventure Rally, and the documentary film about that event will be shown on saturday evening at the Orlando film festival.

here is a link to the thread on MNet from last year

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread...=454643&page=3

And here is a link to find out more about the Fireball Run...Race to Recover America's Missing Children...42 found so far in the 6 years this event has been run.

www.fireballrun.com

www.fireballrun.tv

ORLANDO FILM FESTIVAL
DATE: Oct 16th – 20th, 2013

FIREBALL RUN RED CARPET EVENT – SATURDAY OCT. 19th, 2013

FILM FEST @ 3:00PM| FBR RED CARPET @ 5:00PM | Premiere @ 7:00PM

Admission for FIREBALLERS is FREE with your DRIVER ID
Guest Admission is $10 for an ALL ACCESS DAY PASS
Parking is $5 ALL DAY with a validated admission ticket (DRIVER ID) or receipt
For tickets, log onto www.OrlandoFilmFestival.com

Come on out and meet the Fireball run folks..and your fellow Miata guys...and let Meierznutz and me tell you all about Nadine...the LS1 Miata we drove in the 2012 event

Joe Wall

Phatmiata
10-16-2013, 10:38 AM
DRIVER ID? You mean a drivers license?

SM16RMSM
10-16-2013, 12:12 PM
I believe those to participate in the Fireball get a special ID card. Anyways, I'll go. I will be busy on the 16th of October. But I can arrange to get around works on the other days.

3MiataFamily
10-16-2013, 07:36 PM
the 'Driver id' part is for me..i was a fireball run participant last year...2012 Northern Exposure...

Wish we could have Nadine the Wonder car with us...but us being there for the movie is good enough for us...

Chris will have his wife in tow and my oldest son will be meeting me there Thursday night...and i will have my iPad for computer access...Sheraton Downtown Orlando is where we will be staying.

cbaylis77
10-17-2013, 12:29 AM
Have fun Joe!
Say hi to my O-town peeps for me. Visit Wall St. while you're downtown and of course the Tilted Kilt on I-Drive. :D

3MiataFamily
10-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Just in case the link in the first post does not work..

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=454643

kung fu jesus
10-18-2013, 07:46 AM
Just a note and semi-jack o' the thread...

Will be in Orlando next month, Clermont and DW split during the time.

3MiataFamily
10-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Heading to private party this evening..but will be in the downtown area Saturday afternoon for Fireball activities...movie on Saturday evening..

3MiataFamily
10-20-2013, 08:03 AM
I believe those to participate in the Fireball get a special ID card. Anyways, I'll go. I will be busy on the 16th of October. But I can arrange to get around works on the other days.

Thanks for coming out to the movie last night...not much Miata in there, but now you can see what goes into the Fireball Run..awards presentation last night afterwards..announcement that Waterbury, will be start city in 2015...

SM16RMSM
10-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Thanks for coming out to the movie last night...not much Miata in there, but now you can see what goes into the Fireball Run..awards presentation last night afterwards..announcement that Waterbury, will be start city in 2015...

It got me out of the house. Didn't have anything to do really. Had fun and the movie was really good.

3MiataFamily
10-21-2013, 04:59 PM
OK..how about an update...

I just returned from orlando..debut of the Fireball run film at the orlando film Festival...

One mazdaRoadster guy made it over...see the above post

But..i spent some time on Saturday evening with a representative of the AMESBURY, MA chamber of commerce...AMESBURY will be the FINISH CITY FOR THE FIREBALL RUN IN 2016

And get this folks...WATERBURY, CT WILL BE THE START CITY IN 2015

The Waterbury CofC president was at the Film Festival...that was the REAL formal announcement...but it was locally announced back in March...

the 2015 Fireball will run from Waterbury all the way down the coast to Melbourne, Florida...5 Celebrity Astronaut teams from various countries will be participating...

As of this year..the Fireball Run has helped to locate 42 Missing Children across the country...THAT is what this event is all about...

Joe