PDA

View Full Version : Wheel cleaner. What do you use?

Guitarjon
01-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Ok, started getting into detailing. I started out with an auto glym pack a few years ago and started replacing he auto glym bits with the same products I liked. Used autonomy wheel cleaner now for about a year but heard lots of per good things about other cleaners lie bilberry wheel cleaner which I am about to buy. I was a little worried at the acid content in he auto glym stuff. I doesn't seem to last tooling either.

Interested to see what other products you guys use and also what dilution rate you use.

The stuff I am about the buy reccomends anything from 2:1 to 10:1 depending on how dirty the wheels are.

f86sabjf
01-08-2012, 02:24 PM
What i do is clean the wheel then clay it. Afterwards i wax the wheels and then I use only my car wash soap to clean them . When its time to do the detail on the car the wheels are ready to. My wheels are painted so i treat them just like the car.

HellaRareYellow
01-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Do you use normal protective wax? The same as you would for the car body? With a buffing wheel on a drill, seems like it wouldn't be hard.

f86sabjf
01-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Yes i just use my megs NXT , doesnt take to long even with a foam applicator to do it and it doesnt turn white on black rubber if you get any on a tire . Stays clear , another reason i use it on the car doesnt mess up the trim with a hard to get off residue

friday
01-08-2012, 04:51 PM
I usually clean them with a strong mix of purple power and water. Degreasers work well and wheel acid works best, but is really harsh.

bokehmon
01-15-2012, 03:39 AM
5:1 ratio of Simple Green to water. Spritz it on, wait a few, then go at it with a soft car brush.