PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous fuel feed, need help NOS Miata

ctrench
12-07-2013, 01:39 PM
So i installed a nitrous kit on my Miata a few weeks back, and currently ive been running it as a dry kit. But i need to figure out where to "T" into the fuel system for my fuel solenoid. I have a 93, so im assuming i tap into the return from the rail??

any help would be appreciated

atank
12-07-2013, 09:37 PM
............what are you running 50, 100 shot?

http://i.imgur.com/dBoWtS6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/A3mcsKE.jpg

ctrench
12-07-2013, 11:01 PM
im running a 50 shot (dry), but i want to add fuel for it to be safer while running more timing

miata2fast
12-08-2013, 01:58 AM
Typically, nitrous systems are set up for low pressure (carbureted) or high pressure (fuel injected) fuel systems The difference is basically the size pill specified for a certain hp rating. High pressure systems will have a smaller fuel pill than low pressure systems.

Since you are running a high pressure system, You want to be sure you are sending the same pressure to your fuel jet as is sent to your fuel infectors. Having it on the return side will not likely supply enough fuel. To be sure you have it correct, I would recommend having a fuel gauge close to your solenoid. You should also have a pressure safety switch that will prevent the system from activating if something goes wrong with the fuel pressure.

Since you are running a dry kit and converting to a wet kit, you will have to deactivate the dry kit's method of fuel enrichment. If you don't, you will be adding fuel twice, which will prevent the system from having the proper AFR. Do you have a wideband? If not, you are playing with fire. Nitrous is not kind to those who make tuning mistakes.

I had a dry kit on my car years ago. It works great if you have it right, but I learned the hard way to obey the rules.

ctrench
12-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Ok, thanks... im tapping into the feed to the rail, thats what i wanted to know... and i have a wet kit, but am using it as a dry kit atm, and yes i have a wideband

miata2fast
12-08-2013, 11:03 PM
How are you enriching fuel currently, MS?

ctrench
12-09-2013, 07:08 PM
right now its ghetto, 1.8 injectors and adjusted the clockspring on the AFM

miata2fast
12-09-2013, 08:38 PM
That is pretty ghetto, but we used to do some pretty ghetto tuning back in the day. Once you get it right, you will not believe how hard it will hit.