PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Miatas at MRLS

AntiochOG
12-13-2013, 12:25 PM
I got excited when I saw this in my email the other day:

I'm pretty certain this isn't the email any of you were expecting. I know the information I got today wasn't what I was expecting.

This morning I got a phone call from Jeremy at Mazda, and we had a conversation that changed everything about this upcoming 25th Anniversary event.

The conversation started with the offer to change our event date from April 5th and 6th to September 6th and 7th. This was wonderful news in itself due to the significantly improved weather and reduced chance of rain. But the words "we're really going to make this worth your while" really caught my attention. Are you ready?

Mazda wants to help us set a new world record for the largest gathering of Miatas ever. Guinness Book of World Records stuff.

What that means is that we (obviously) won't be opening registration until a little later in the year. And we have some work to do.

Where do we go from here?
We have the longest pre-plannig opportunity, for the best date we've ever had
We have Mazda fully behind us to help make history!
We have their word this is really going to be worth our while…….so expect something extra special even beyond the world record.
What can you do?

Spread the word! Keep some info with you and pass it on to every other Miata owner you see.

Miatas at MRLS has had an amazing and steady growth since our first event 5 years ago thanks to you -- based entirely on us working together as a grassroots effort.

This is our chance to make some real history together and share an experience we'll all remember the rest of our lives.

Please stay tuned.

Best to all,

Rick

My friend Reuben and I are thinking about coming down for it again this year. Who else is thinking of coming? We are considering camping this year since the weather will hopefully be nicer in September. Has anyone camped there before?

Rogue
12-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Hmmmmm, guess I need to get busy!