PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this?

iKhanh
12-23-2013, 06:33 PM
I don't know if this is a good idea or not that can catch on, but I was thinking.... how about starting a thread where one would inquire/ask the Mazdaroadster community for their 2 cents, their input, their advice, their thoughts, on a certain idea that one had about something.. and get a general consensus on it?

Because I'd like to start with this:

I found an ad yesterday on craigslist, "Hey I have a pair of bride lowmax replica racing seats in close to perfect shape on miata rails. I am looking to trade them for oem 1st gen miata seats. Depending on the shape your seats are in it might be a straight trade or some cash on top." The picture they posted was a stock online Bride Vios III Low Max seat, that was taken off some other website (I found the same one on Miata Roadster). With that being said... what does everyone else think about it? I jumped on the ad several hours later after much debate and hesitation. I figured if I didn't like it, I could at least sell it to someone else and make more money off of them than I would with OEM seats... but then I wouldn't have a seat to sit on lol.

DK Wolf
12-23-2013, 06:56 PM
Pass on it. Even if they are decent reps... they're still reps and are still pretty cheap. It's not a difficult deal to come across.

Plus what kind of sketchy mcsketcherson posts up an item for sale and uses a stock photo from another website.. that isn't even of the thing he's selling?

He doesn't sound like a freakin genius to me.

iKhanh
12-24-2013, 02:53 AM
i know reps are reps, but i could at least make more profit off it than the stock seats when i do sell them. i don't know how often you come across deals like this, but i'd think that hardly ever would someone want to just trade their aftermarket seats (legit or not) for OEM. possible they haven't taken pictures of the actual seats they're selling yet.

it does sound sketchy, and i hesitated and thought about it for a while, but i decided to go through with it. i'll meet him this weekend. i can still turn it down when i get there if i'm not pleased with it.