PDA

View Full Version : V8R coilovers and swaybars

Unk577
12-25-2013, 01:08 PM
I have 09' touring that I have been running V8roadsters swaybars on for the last 2 months. They really flattened the car out as the stock suspension if set up to allow for quite a bit of roll. These things are light! The front have 2 positions of adjustment while the rear has 3 position of adjustment. Another nice feature are the zerk fittings on the front mounts to keep the bushings greased. At full soft front and rear the car is very neutral with no ill tendencies when pushing it.

Yesterday I installed their NC coilover setup. I was looking for something that wouldn't be too harsh on the street but would allow me to go play with a couple local BRZ's at track days. I'm wanting performance more than looks and after having a lengthy discussion with Steve I'm starting with 14.25"F/14.5"R hub center to fender ride height. At this height there is no shock travel sacrificed and there should be plenty of travel available to hit some curbing around Sebring without upsetting the car too much. At full droop the springs are still under enough compression to keep them from moving around.
Installation is pretty straight forward and if I did it again I could probably do it in 2 hours or so. I started with compression set at 6F/4R out of 30, so it's still soft. Set the toe and threw on a set of 17X9 RPF1's with 245/40 RS3's.

Took an hour long loop put through the mines find some empty curvy roads. The ride is much more poised than stock. It is in no way harsh. Turn in is great and the speed I'm able to carry through the corners is much more than I expected, and I believe with some camber adjustments there is more to be had. Camber gauge will be here in 2 days.

For the price I think they are going to be hard to beat. Tein Street Flex are almost $100 more, and most others are 1.5-2+X's as much. Now the fun begins of playing with them and driving to find the car's happy spot. I will post what I find.

Phatmiata
12-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Those look great!! When are you gonna finish that V8R Spec Miata??? :popcorn:

Unk577
12-27-2013, 06:21 PM
Working on it daily