PDA

View Full Version : were to buy a hardtop?

jon 240sx
01-02-2014, 10:31 PM
I live in east Texas and I'm having trouble finding a place to buy a hard top for a 1990 miata.

wannafbody
01-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Treasure Coast Miata is in FL. Planet Miata, Panic Motorsports, The Parts Group

jux
01-03-2014, 08:32 AM
Watch craigslist and have cash ready. They show up in dfw fairly frequently. Sometimes in Shreveport, but not as much.
How far east are you?

kung fu jesus
01-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Patience and cash. You are in the right spot for cheap hard tops.

ibid
01-12-2014, 05:59 PM
you need to check your local craigslist ads several times a day and be ready to get it as soon as you see one pop up.. it took me about 5 months of searching before finding 1 in the past.. but they are out there! gluck!

tsingson
01-12-2014, 06:53 PM
^Agreed. Have your money ready to go because as soon as you see it, you have to jump on it.

BoBo
01-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Shoot for Craigslist, It takes a while to find something good but eventually you will find what you are looking for. Like ibid says as soon as you see one pop up, call the seller right away and have money on hand ready for the transaction. The worst thing you can do is be in a rush like ME. I bought a red HT because I could not find a montego blue. Then I had to repaint it Montego Blue and it didn't match up to the Original color...after picking it up 1hr away from my home, oh well. After school I will have it resprayed nice and new. 2 weeks later someone was selling a Montego Blue hard top within 5 miles from where I live. Sometimes I wish I bought a red miata.

CAPSLOCK
01-13-2014, 07:49 PM
you need to check your local craigslist ads several times a day and be ready to get it as soon as you see one pop up.. it took me about 5 months of searching before finding 1 in the past.. but they are out there! gluck!

This and don't be picky