PDA

View Full Version : Miatas/Mazdas at Lime Rock Memorial Day Weekend

3MiataFamily
01-27-2014, 11:57 PM
Once again, for the 16th year in a row, Nutmeg Miata Club will be hosting a day at the races...and we are moving back to Memorial Day weekend after 3 years on Labor Day weekend. the featured race will be the IMSA Continental Tires Challenge series and the Porsche GT3 Cup

Saturday May 24, 2014

The “Conti Tire” Challenge – some of the best stock car road racing in the world – is two big classes, Grand Sport (GS) and Street Tuner (ST). Each has their own stand-alone race. In GS, you’ll see the big, loud and fast Camaros, Porsches, Mustangs, Aston Martins, BMWs and 370Zs banging fenders. The ST race has the quick and agile Hondas, VWs, BMW 128/328, Mazda 3/MX-5 and Porsche Boxsters. The U.S. version of the extremely popular Euro Porsche GT3 Cup series makes just its second-ever visit to Lime Rock, while the uniquely exciting VSCCA race adds a little history to the weekend. Capping the weekend is the Sunday Royals Car Show, which draws 200-400 prime vehicles of every kind – from rare sports cars and contemporary supercars to hundreds of muscle cars from the 60s and 70s – and benefits local charities

As in the past, we will have a hospitality tent, lunch, raffles, VIP area parking and Parade Laps during the lunch break on the track. (Parade laps for the first 50 cars that sign up) these laps are NOT speed laps..it is a PARADE!!..wave at the crowd, etc.

Stay tuned to this thread for further details as we get things nailed down.

This is just an early heads up so folks can plan accordingly. We have had as many as 70+ Miatas in attendance in some years. great opportunity to meet fellow enthusiasts from across the Northeast...and beyond. Canada?..sure..had 10 cars from up north one year. I talked to the track today and found out that there will be a significant Mazda presence at this race...Mazda car corral will be there also (separate deal from us). and the now defunct All Mazda Meet held at Orange County Choppers for the past 6 years will now be at the Royals Car Show on Sunday at LRP. so there will be a lot going on that weekend..and Miatas/mazdas will figure prominently is the festivities.

stay tuned for further details!!

Joe

WASABI
01-28-2014, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the information Joe!

3MiataFamily
01-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Just needed to get this out there right away so folks can make plans early...final price should get nailed down by mid Feb and then we can start the process in earnest...

wannafbody
01-29-2014, 01:09 PM
Are you doing some type of Miata Challenge type class.

3MiataFamily
01-29-2014, 11:45 PM
Challenge class?..for what?

this is strictly a social day..only on track activity is parade laps during the lunch break for the real racing on the track...

we usually have 50+ miatas for this day...full day of continental challenge/porsche GT3 cup and other support races...full paddock access...hospitality tent..lunch..raffle prizes..etc.

wannafbody
01-30-2014, 09:41 AM
Gotcha, not worth the trip in that case.

3MiataFamily
01-30-2014, 06:50 PM
We have been doing this as a Club for 15 years...folks must like it...

if you want to be a little more sporty...stay tuned for the Nutmeg club and MassMiata club Open autox info...both clubs will be doing an Open autoX day at LRP this year...and at some point, we will be opening entry to folks outside the clubs...

last year was an absolute hoot...27 cars..30 drivers...more like a mini track day..

http://www.limerock.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=646&Itemid=282

no lack of laps to do...this year we will be on a saturday..40 cars max..autoX course and the skidpad...stay tuned for details

wannafbody
01-31-2014, 10:35 AM
Open autocrosses are fun. My local track is doing Trackcross which is more like a half track time trial. Hope to hit some this summer.

3MiataFamily
03-10-2014, 08:35 PM
We have tried very hard to maintain ticket prices..and this year will be SAME AS LAST YEAR!! This year's tickets will be $65 per ticket--

We will also be shutting off ticket sales by about MAY 18th this year, or when the 100 tickets are sold. Remember, this also applies to the Parade Laps---FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED so to speak. We WILL be keeping track of when checks are received as to who gets to be in the Parade Laps.

Checks can be sent to:
NUTMEG MIATA CLUB
21 Kane Ave
Stamford, CT 06905

Payment may also be made via Paypal...IF IT IS SENT AS A GIFT/FRIENDS & FAMILY
treasurer@nutmegmiatainc.org

Side note...remember folks...this is 25th Anniversary for the Miata...it would be really nice if we had a big turnout.

3MiataFamily
03-13-2014, 10:47 PM
Additional info for those that may be on the fence...

Race day only ticket...private parking NOT in the car corrall..Miatas only..hospitality tent with lunch behind the fence next to the chalet overlooking the front straight....parade laps..raffle table...and depending on how generous sponsors are, giveaways...16 consecutive years..we must be doing something right.

Sponsors that have supported us in past years..Mazda, MOSS Motors, Redline goods, MATCO, Advan, Garage Star, Flying Miata and others

We had 70+ cars for the 20th anniversary event...hopefully we will have at least that many for this years 25th Anniversary

3MiataFamily
04-08-2014, 12:15 AM
Heads up folks...

Looking to have at least one example of EVERY year of production for the parade laps...

anybody have a '14?

3MiataFamily
04-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Alright folks...time to finalize your plans to attend...we already have cars from 5 different states coming...but we are not NEAR where we need to be on this...we had 130 people at the 20th anniversary year...the 25th anniversary needs to be better!!

3MiataFamily
04-20-2014, 11:19 PM
Gotta bump this a bit so folks do not miss this event...

3MiataFamily
04-25-2014, 08:45 PM
got a box of goodies from MOSS today for the raffle table...

3MiataFamily
05-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Open autocrosses are fun. My local track is doing Trackcross which is more like a half track time trial. Hope to hit some this summer.

Just posted our Open Autox thread...and it is open to all Miatas...not just Clubmembers...so here is your chance...

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?9061-Lime-Rock-Open-AutoX-Nutmeg-Miata-Club-Saturday-July-19&p=131194#post131194

so there are TWO opportunities to visit LRP with us this year...memorial day weekend for social time and spectating...and the Open autox on July 19...

Bumppitty bumpbump...

3MiataFamily
05-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Plenty of tix remain for this little get together...come on out and enjoy the day with fellow enthusiasts!!

3MiataFamily
05-09-2014, 11:07 PM
Still plenty of tix left...

hospitality tent...lunch..private parking..raffle...

good time

3MiataFamily
05-13-2014, 09:45 AM
Plenty of tix remain for this one...

3MiataFamily
05-14-2014, 08:55 PM
not too late to get in on this...

WASABI
05-15-2014, 10:23 AM
Thanks for keeping up with this Joe. I want to make it if I can.

3MiataFamily
05-15-2014, 04:51 PM
well..we have tickets left..paypal works..and anyone waiting until the verylastminute...like some folks just ALWAYS seem to do...we can leave tix at the will call tent at the track...

3MiataFamily
05-27-2014, 06:12 PM
Everyone seemed to have a good time...weather held out until after we finished the raffle stuff and cleaned up the tent...good racing too...with MX5 taking one of the St races...

and I gave away LOTS of raffle stuff...

WASABI
05-27-2014, 07:19 PM
Joe, glad you all had a good time. I planned on going, but honestly, the weather stopped me. I didn't want to drive 3 and a half hours in pouring rain. I'm sorry that I missed it.

3MiataFamily
05-29-2014, 10:53 PM
come down to LRP for the Historics weekend...good time...a little more relaxed...lots to see...

Labor Day weekend...

and believe it or not...there will be a spot in the Car show on sunday for Miatas...