PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Yourself!

Loren
01-08-2012, 11:27 PM
A lot of you know each other from other forums or from motorsports events that you've attended. But, for those who don't, introductions would be good. I'll start.

Some of you may know me from Miata.Net where I was active a few years ago. I've fallen back to mostly local forums recently, so if you're fairly new and not in central Florida, you might not know of me. I probably won't get involved with most of the other areas of this site, but amateur motorsports is my thing (specifically, autocross, track events and crapcan racing), and I want to share that experience with other Miata drivers, so here I am!

I've been autocrossing since 1996, doing track events since 2002, racing in the 24 Hours of Lemons and Chumpcar race series' since 2008, and having a ball with all of it!

nb8c
01-11-2012, 09:08 PM
SKY , from Socal Los Angels.
Not active on any forum before,but will start from now on.

3 year track exp. Around 25 track day.
1 year SCCA SM exp. 6 race

Loren
01-12-2012, 12:14 AM
SKY , from Socal Los Angels.
Not active on any forum before,but will start from now on.
Welcome to your first forum! I think you'll enjoy this group. I look forward to hearing of your track adventures.

Warning, Moderator griping follows...

Your sig is a bit long. Could you maybe edit it down a bit? And if you haven't already, consider PMing PhatMiata about forum sponsorship to get a banner up for your business. (I'm not sure if he has a policy about links in footers for non-sponsors yet, it would just be "good form"... and I know he's letting the sidebar "lite banners" go for cheap)

Unk577
01-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Brian
97' NA Chump car- hopefully going to make all the Florida races this year and maybe VIR
99' NB V8RSpec- Would like to get it on track with some other V8's. Also Pike's Peak will be paved this year, would love to check it off the bucket list.

Meow
01-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Ryan

Only been lurker on a handfull of forums

mainly Mazdatruckin (92bomber2200) , Mazdabscene (MajorDrop) & CR (TooTall)

really like this forum so far, so i'm pretty much sold on here

Meow
01-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Ryan

Only been lurker on a handfull of forums

mainly Mazdatruckin (92bomber2200) , Mazdabscene (MajorDrop) & CR (TooTall)

really like this forum so far, so i'm pretty much sold on here

edit: And trying to get into autox been to a couple of events

Loren
01-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Brian
97' NA Chump car- hopefully going to make all the Florida races this year and maybe VIR
99' NB V8RSpec- Would like to get it on track with some other V8's. Also Pike's Peak will be paved this year, would love to check it off the bucket list.

Gotta respect a man who's first post is in the Motorsports forum. Welcome!

pmhaddad
01-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Hi I'm Phil.
Grew up in Michigan, got the rally bug when I was in college. Been autoxing, rallyxing, ice racing since 08. I've done a couple Lemons events as well.

Moved to Tampa in June 2011, got involved with the SCCA and FAST autox groups down here. Working on a 4-5 HPDE and 2ish Chumpcar event schedule for this season, plus FAST/SCCA events 1-2 times a month.

Pretty serious about doing Spec Miata in the not-too-distant future.

miatasaint
01-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi, Im Brendan. Moving to Kennesaw GA tomorrow actually from Atlanta. Looking to do autox at some point! No rush though.

My 90 is pretty much my life. Sad, really...