PDA

View Full Version : New member from south Florida

f8al
02-17-2014, 02:12 AM
Hi guys, I recently picked up a 2001 NB2 LS with a Hardtop for $1500 Didnt need a lot of work, and really enjoy driving it and working on it.

Im located in Plantation, and have a background in AutoX, SCCA, and Drifting.

album of pics. (http://imgur.com/a/4FR27)

http://i.imgur.com/vMB3YvS.jpg

Dandy
02-17-2014, 02:24 AM
$1500 with the hardtop is a real good score. Welcome to MRnet!

f8al
02-17-2014, 02:29 AM
Thats why I jumped on it lol. /r/miata was super pissed at the price.

Thanks for the welcome!

atank
02-17-2014, 07:09 AM
Welcome to MR.net, Nice $$$ for that Roadster !!!!!

Phatmiata
02-17-2014, 07:35 AM
nice find!! welcome to the site, there are a lot of Florida guys on here, hope to see a build thread from your car soon!!

Agent☣Orange
02-17-2014, 07:52 AM
Score! Welcome to MR.

MX5RACER
02-17-2014, 07:55 AM
Welcome to another S. FL Miata driver. Keep a look out for my car, and I'll keep an eye out for yours. Great price, you got the hardtop for a spec miata price and got the car for free!

WASABI
02-17-2014, 08:12 AM
Hello, and welcome to our site! Looks like you found a diamond in the rough. Amazing price for the car AND hard top!!! I looked through your pictures, and you are doing some nice work, taking care of maintenance, and making her street/track worthy again.

Cheers,

Jim

Hyper
02-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Welcome to the forum. I know the previous owner of the car., in fact my car has some parts from that car. Do you want to buy a glass window softop?

f8al
02-17-2014, 12:13 PM
nice find!! welcome to the site, there are a lot of Florida guys on here, hope to see a build thread from your car soon!!

I'll throw a build thread together tonight when I get to the office. Glad to know there's a good number of guys down here.

f8al
02-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Welcome to the forum. I know the previous owner of the car., in fact my car has some parts from that car. Do you want to buy a glass window softop?

Doubt you know the guy I bought it from since he's a co-worker, and he got it from his grandma. The guy before then, I wouldn't be surprised.

Good lookin out on the soft top, but the tan one that was in it had a glass window, and unpopular opinion I know, but I don't really care that it's convertible, so I took the soft top out. I'll probably cut the front bar and buy a gstring for it if I decide I want to go topless ever in the future, but for right now I'm not too worried about it.

f8al
02-17-2014, 12:20 PM
Also thanks for the warm welcome all, sorry for the individual posts, but I'm on mobile atm and it doesn't seem to want to let me multi quote

Dandy
02-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Very handsome avatar, by the way.

John J
02-17-2014, 02:12 PM
Welcome, and enjoy that great find.

Winlowe
02-18-2014, 06:07 AM
Good to have you on board the MR forum welcome

Malibu Q
02-18-2014, 06:37 AM
Welcome. I just checked out your other pics and loved the crossed and clamped shifters. Very innovative.

I'm hoping you're going to chalkboard the roof too. I had a chalkboard painted car once. We had heaps of fun working on 'custom' graphics.

f8al
02-18-2014, 07:41 AM
Welcome. I just checked out your other pics and loved the crossed and clamped shifters. Very innovative.

I'm hoping you're going to chalkboard the roof too. I had a chalkboard painted car once. We had heaps of fun working on 'custom' graphics.

I actually got that from a guide on revlimiter on doing an nb timing belt. It didn't work as well as I would have liked it to tho as I had to completely retime it afterwards anyway.

Im doing the roof white because the hardtop has next to no insulation, and well this is south Florida, its hot and sunny here year round.

My color plan is matte black/chalkboard for the body, matte white for the roof and the rims.

on the topic of custom graphics, i usually leave chalk on the hood when i go places and have gotten maybe 15 drawings.

this was the best one though

http://i.imgur.com/zlifdbz.jpg