PDA

View Full Version : NA FMII Turbo Kit, 1.8 from '94, MSII ecu

psulja
02-18-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm curious what my current setup could go for. I have an idea in my head but want to make sure its not totally out of line.

FMII turbo setup w/ GT2560
Pretty well a complete kit. Would be removed from what was a running car. Would include everything that I got with it to essentially be a bolt on affair.
Could include my boost gauge and AEM wideband.
I was thinking $2500?

1.8l motor from a '94 with approximately 60,000miles on it. 5,000 miles of that were boosted.
Oil pan has a bung welded on for a turbo oil return line.
Begi Coolant reroute could be included.
Would include IM, alt, and other accessories
Last time I compression tested it it was even across all 4 cylinders
$600?

Reverant built enhanced MSII
Used for 2 months. Paid around $850-900 for it.
$600?

Do these prices seem reasonable? Would anybody be interested in all this stuff? Had it running really well in my car this past Fall but might be going with something different for this year if everything works out. As it sits, this setup did a 12.83 in the 1/4 mile at 13psi.

I'm thinking I could group it all together for $3500?

RotorNutFD3S
02-18-2014, 04:12 PM
Is it the current FM turbo kit with the silicone intercooler pipes, etc.?

psulja
02-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Yessir. I should also note, there is a total of about 5,500 miles on this turbo kit.

Phatmiata
02-18-2014, 04:15 PM
FMII is normally $5000 so if you are half of that price I would say that is a fair price.

RotorNutFD3S
02-18-2014, 04:16 PM
FMII is normally $5000 so if you are half of that price I would say that is a fair price.

Not quite, $5295 will get you an FMII kit with Hydra and ID injectors. The kits without ECU/injectors are $2995, so it's about $500 off total, but it's also basically brand new.

Regardless, that's actually pretty fair pricing for each item. You might have to wait for the right buyer because those are not "giving it away" prices and that seems to be what most people are looking for these days.

mini_fd
02-18-2014, 04:19 PM
I bought a used fm2 kit for 1475 shipped. But it had a lot more miles on it with no ecu and no injectors. But it had bnib manifold down pipe exhaust hanger heat blanket and hushkit.

psulja
02-18-2014, 04:23 PM
I would also toss in my 550cc rx7 injectors with the turbo kit.

mini_fd
02-18-2014, 04:29 PM
I would say 2k. I mean I bought my kit but it has more miles on it and there is an almost brand new kit that is on mt.net used for 15 or so track days for 1700. Which we know was redlined and driven extra hard. More so then street driven. And he isn't including the intercooler and piping. So I hope that helps you out. Your kit was used for a couple months used. If you brought this up sooner I would have loved to buy yours. But since I don't know the different intricacies of a na\nb kits, it probably wouldn't have worked out.

The rx7 injectors are budget build injectors. Nothing special about them.

Maybe 2100 with the wideband.

RotorNutFD3S
02-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Are there any upgrades to the kit? Oil/water hardlines, ceramic coating, etc.?

Also, FWIW, the kit will work across NA & NB (FM 1.8L manifolds use the 99-00 EGR location, 01-05 cars would need a 99-00 EGR pipe), the only issues will be an incompatible downpipe (at the flange under the car mating to the rest of the exhaust) and maybe the intercooler piping. If this kit has the standard 15" intercooler it will be fine on an NB. If it's the 19" intercooler, it will only work on 99-00 without a/c (unless there are modifications done to the dryer can location) but the 19" intercooler option will fit all NB2s regardless of a/c. The only issue is I can think of is that there is a difference in the silicone elbow that attaches at the throttle body between NA8 and NBs, probably would be best if someone interested with an NB calls FM and clarifies what they need to mount it on their car.

mini_fd
02-18-2014, 06:03 PM
The hard lines are an extra add on to the kit. I paid 240 dollars for mine.

psulja
02-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Looks like I will be keeping my Megasquirt to run the new setup if I do actually go ahead with it.

The kit has the braided oil feed line but the high temp silicone oil return line. Rubber water lines.
It has a different lower rad hose because it didn't get included in my kit for some reason.

What I think I might ask is $2200 for the turbo kit, essentially an FMII no electronics. This means no wideband or injectors. I'll put my asking price at 2200 but accept 2000 I guess.

Then I'll post the motor for $600 and see what happens there.

Also have an FM lightweight flywheel/FM1 clutch (7000miles) and an FM dual feed fuel rail, both rail and flywheel used but not sure of mileage.

RotorNutFD3S
02-18-2014, 09:32 PM
Sounds like a good plan. What's the new setup plan?

The hard lines are an extra add on to the kit. I paid 240 dollars for mine.

Yes, that's called an upgrade. Which can be reason for a higher asking price.

psulja
02-18-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm thinking about picking up Danny George's old setup. Built 1.9l BP w/ custom tubular manifold, GT3076, 3" exhaust, TII transmission swap, etc, etc.

I need to make a decision by this weekend pretty much. I just can't decide if I want to take apart a perfectly good setup that runs 12's for a bit more of an unknown setup that has potential to be very fast.

For what its worth, I was planning to do a built motor with big turbo next winter with an end goal of 400whp. This setup would get me there a lot quicker at a much lower price tag. But it would result in the car being off the road for a considerable amount of this season. There will also be a lot more tuning involved since I wouldn't get the ECU that came from that setup because the current owner wants to keep it for his car; which is why I'm keeping my MS.

mini_fd
02-18-2014, 09:38 PM
I think you have a fair price right there. Reasonable for a low mile kit. I would have bought it two weeks ago if it was up for sale.