PDA

View Full Version : On Ebay: Jaguar V12 Mazda Miata Weber Carbs

Malibu Q
03-06-2014, 11:29 PM
If you're thinking the LS-X swap is a bit mainstream...

On eBay: Jaguar V12 Mazda Miata (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaguar-Other-Convertible-Jaguar-V12-Mazda-Miata-Weber-Carbs-/171259086651?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27dfd6473b&item=171259086651&pt=US_Cars_Trucks) at US$5,900

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7426/12982507435_4d8974e50a_o.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3090/12982507935_2ddba2641b_o.jpg

This Mazda Miata cost over $20,000 to build in 1995, plus basic car cost. The V12 Jaguar engine not only has 6 downdraft Weber exact copy clone carbs (Made by EMPI), it has been ported and polished, 12.5:1 compression, custom pistons, balanced flywheel, modified crankshaft, aluminum racing radiator, AND THE MOST INSANE CUSTOM EXHAUST HEADERS - seriously expensive !!! The frame has been professionally modified and strengthened. Front cross member supports the V12 nicely.

I drove this car about 90 miles to this storage location 3 years ago and parked it. It ran fine, but it was misfiring slightly at that time. Now it does not start. Generally when a Jag V12 has a misfire it indicates a blown head gasket. I believe this is the problem, but there may be other issues. The engine / car was built in Florida. I drove it for a couple of radical months in the Vegas area. It is totally insane !! Forget first gear. Spins wheels easily in 3rd gear - massive torque and horsepower. Makes all other V12 Jags look wimpy, and I own two 6.0 XJS. I had planned to install a Ford rear axle with 2:87 gears, or similar.

There is a stereo face plate included with the sale. The top is shot and the interior needs cosmetics. Tires poor. Windshield has crack from my hitting it accidentally. No windshield wipers - no room. Clutch and gear box are like new. The Tokico coil over load leveler shocks are high value. Car sits perfectly flat and steering is tight. Exhaust is 3 inch and in excellent condition. 5 speed T-5 trans is perfect.

Replacement value on the 6 EMPI double downdraft carbs, with K&N air cleaners, velocity stacks, linkage and manifolds - if you could ever find a set of manifolds for a Jag V12 - would exceed $4,000.

I have held onto this rocket for a couple of years, hoping to get the time to build it out. Not happening - no time. The race engine, without the carbs, is worth almost double the asking price. I may be willing to separate and just sell the carbs,or the race engine and T-5. Best deal is to buy the package. And finish putting together The Worlds' Wildest Miata.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3625/12982745853_4cb861be11_o.jpg

The Driver
03-07-2014, 12:07 AM
That abomination was built in St. Pete, back in 2009. Since then it has changed hands several times.

Malibu Q
03-07-2014, 12:24 AM
That abomination...

I think you may be right. Note how the V12 was chopped into the firewall.
And please check the brake fluid before taking it for a spin.
LoL

WASABI
03-07-2014, 06:12 AM
This is where someone with and idea, but no vision, and less taste goes wrong. If this engine was Scrat, or Woolery, or a Project-G car, we would all be amazed at how awesome it was.

That gives me an idea!!! Jon at Project-G could buy this as a marketing expense. Build it up right, and use it to promote the business, and write off the whole thing on his taxes!

Phatmiata
03-07-2014, 07:54 AM
well at least he is honest about the sale. :shock:

I drove this car about 90 miles............... 3 years ago....... and parked it.....................

.......Now it does not start........

Generally when a Jag V12 has a misfire it indicates a blown head gasket. I believe this is the problem, but there may be other issues..................

.......The top is shot .......

......interior needs cosmetics...............

......Tires poor.......

.....Windshield has crack from my hitting it accidentally......

.........No windshield wipers - no room........

atank
03-07-2014, 08:19 AM
No brake fluid................

Rogue
03-07-2014, 09:53 AM
If anyone needs one of these V12s :lol:
I just got a XJS to use the suspension in my '41

73Bacon
03-09-2014, 10:43 AM
This car fascinated people when the youtube first start videos first appeared. With the proper detailing (like, plexiglass scoop over the webers aka Ferrari instead of the mullet scoop) it would be a nice piece. That being said it can cost quite a bit to finish a car properly.

Grip Driver
03-09-2014, 12:39 PM
It could possibly be cool but the amount of money needed to take it to the next level would be prohibitive for most folks. Maybe Jay Leno should buy it and finish it.