PDA

View Full Version : turn signal issues

imperfekt
03-28-2014, 01:37 PM
Hellos :)

I had a question about the dreaded front passenger's turn signal issue. A lot of people seem to have this issue and find resolution in the replacement of the socket wiring harness (there's like 6 inches of wiring between the socket and a plug thing)...

With the pitcrew nose, there's wiring that replaces the oem socket though and it even shares some wires with the headlights... is there anywhere else I can look for why my front passenger signal doesn't work? Right now I just have a jumper wire ran from the front to the rear passenger signal - it works for now, but it's not exactly the kind of quality that I want my car to be exercising :P

Are there many junctions between the signal lever on the steering wheel column, the relay and the light bulb? Where can I find these junctions to check for shorts or broken stuffs? If the other three signals work fine can I rule out the relay? Thanks a bunch.

Malibu Q
04-06-2014, 09:51 AM
On a '94
Dir Left = GRN-ORG or GRN-BLK
Dir Right = GRN-YEL or GRN-WHT
Park light = RED-BLK
Ground = BLK

Directional light wires originate at the flasher unit.
But the problem is almost certainly in the fender area.

I downloaded wiring diagrams from Mellens (http://www.mellens.net/mazda/index.html).

imperfekt
04-19-2014, 02:04 PM
thanks for everything malibu q, you've been a great assistance to the many projects i have in mind! -i'd really hate to open a new thread for such a radically different question but maybe i can snake in a request to figure out what's wrong with my interior fans? the blower is not blowing. is there a fuse or relay for this? or simply the blower regulator attached to the motor under the passenger's dash (behind the glove box)

Malibu Q
04-20-2014, 03:52 AM
Probably the 30A fuse under the dash. If the blower regulator is blown the fan should work but only on high.