PDA

View Full Version : notifications

mini_fd
04-27-2014, 03:40 PM
I post in threads a lot and do not return to them weeks or months after. I'm sure some of us have done the same thing. Is there a way to be notified that a user is notified when a post about them is being made when some one performs @mini_fd blah blah blah... your car sucks blah blah blah wanna be racer lol?

Agent☣Orange
04-27-2014, 03:49 PM
There sure is. Look at the "Thread Tools" button right above to top post and from there you can subscribe and receive notification when someone posts in that thread. You can choose instant notification, daily, weekly or through your control panel. If you comment in any thread, you are automatically subscribed to that thread unless you choose differently in your settings.

mini_fd
04-27-2014, 09:20 PM
Well I mean specifically being called out. Like for instance you make a post. I say something like @agentorange but you don't come back to that thread in weeks and it keeps building up. A notification would show you were mentioned... or someone mentioned you in a thread you've never been in. Like instagram. If someone hits @suchandsuchname a notification sends it to the user even if the user hasn't been to that page and or has and I go to that page instantly

WASABI
04-28-2014, 07:09 AM
Interesting that this should come up. I was on another site and found that they had an page to review all of the threads that you have posted on. They are listed in order of the last updated post, and are in bold if a new post comes in, so you can easily go to the ones that have new material. I found it quite helpful.

Agent☣Orange
04-28-2014, 08:07 AM
Oh, I see what you mean now, sorry.

That's actually a third-party add-on for vBulletin, not something built-in that we can just switch on unfortunately.