mini_fd
05-24-2014, 01:33 PM
Oh shit

RuckkehrMiata
05-24-2014, 01:38 PM
Isn't this guy still around? I see people referencing this video... very often

riefdaddy
05-24-2014, 02:09 PM
What an idiot. No fire extinguishers, engine still hooked to lift, inside the house, and so on, and so on. Then when is does catch fire he uses water to put out a gas fire. He was lucky it didn't float on water, spread, and burn the house down. Not to mention pouring a gallon of water down the carb. Umm, a blanket would have smothered the flames. Also, when he had the huge spark with the remote start, he didn't investigate why, he just hit the switch again. Wow...

fwdtamiya
05-24-2014, 02:11 PM
Isn't this guy still around? I see people referencing this video... very often
Yeah, saw him post on FB recently. He's probably a CR member and possibly one here.

Tkblazer
05-24-2014, 04:00 PM
Hmm my engine is on fire... I'm going to try and start it up again anyways. Why? YOLO!

RuckkehrMiata
05-24-2014, 04:17 PM
I was just wondering because I am fairly certain this kid owned up to his mistakes in a fairly decent way. I know there was some debate over him trying to start the engine again with some saying it was the right thing to do (idk, some vacuum putting it out or whatnot) and others saying it made him even stupider. I agree wholly that he was pretty dumb to do this, but I do find it amusing that in all forums I see this video referenced unilaterally as a meme for people doing stupid things.

BlitzWing
05-25-2014, 03:45 AM
I remember this also being on Jalop I think he did fess up to him being too eager etc. still silly not to have something to put out the fire

JLBMX5
05-25-2014, 07:33 AM
I watch a tv show called fast and loud. They had an episode where they were showing dumb shit they find on internet they showed this video and had the guy in the video on the show to explain his thoughts on what he was doing. I do not remember what he said I just remember the video and seeing him on the show.

ibid
05-25-2014, 12:52 PM
^ yup, I saw that Fast N loud episode to... haha

m00se
05-28-2014, 11:14 AM
He burnt his arms really badly if i remember correct.

tsingson
05-28-2014, 11:41 AM
Hmm my engine is on fire... I'm going to try and start it up again anyways. Why? YOLO!

Well, I do know from working on General Aviation if you do have an engine fire, you do try to crank it so you can possibly try and suck the fire in and possibly put it out. I questioned that as well when I was going through Maintenance school and our powerplant instructor said they you definitely want to give it a shot. Luckily when we ran our engine on the test stand, no fires.

SM16RMSM
05-28-2014, 11:47 AM
I see this all over the net. I think it was posted once here already.