PDA

View Full Version : Can I remove the steering wheel lock?

Erik
05-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Is it possible to remove the locking mechanism on the steering wheel? is it very hard to do?

My good friend who also owns an NA is gone on vacation this week. And yesterday of all days, some jackass broke into his car and ruined his top. He was supposed to have left us a key but I cannot find it. The landlord has agreed to let us put it in the garage but without key I cant turn the wheel. I cannot reach him either. If all else fails I plan to simply take the spark plug wires out and attempt to cover the rip. Thanks guys.

Phatmiata
05-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Pretty sure it will NOT unlock without the key. Sorry

RuckkehrMiata
05-27-2014, 01:26 PM
While not useful information for you, this is upsetting to me because this is unfortunately why I leave my doors unlocked.

Andy
05-27-2014, 02:14 PM
If I was in your situation I would look into a nearby harbor frieght and see if they have wheel dollies. Put the front wheels on it and move the whole car around.

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece-vehicle-dollies-67511.html

Erik
05-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Crisis averted friends. The roof is literally ripped end to end on the top, everthing that previously had a locking function in the car is either broken or broken open, and he's going to trip balls when he sees it, but it's inside the complex garage. Turns out, if you want to steal someone's NA, all you need is your own NA key. I figured I'd try it because why the hell not, and after a few tries it clicked in. You should have seen my face when it started, mix of utter shock and pure happiness. Drove the car into the garage, removed the spark plug wires for good measure, and went back to my place.

I'm now going to vent off my frustration. Have people no respect for other people's property? I'm seriously not gonna sleep tonight, for all I know there are a bunch of teenagers going around parking lots in the neighborhood, and eventually they'll hit mine. Plus, I just wanna say, if you're gonna be a thief, at least be a good one. Know your before you try to steal people's things, I mean cmon. Ugh.

Thanks guys for the suggestions, luckily NA key jesus was with me today.

revlimiter
05-27-2014, 02:35 PM
Yeah. The keys are very similar. A sad reality.

Glad you got the car moved!

Andy
05-27-2014, 02:38 PM
The cars are not similar at all. Lies Lies I tell you.

Cries quietly to myself.

Agent☣Orange
05-27-2014, 02:56 PM
I'm now going to vent off my frustration...

Okay to vent frustration but don't give me more work editing all the obscenities out of your post.

Erik
05-27-2014, 04:32 PM
Okay to vent frustration but don't give me more work editing all the obscenities out of your post.

Apologies, won't happen again.

Agent☣Orange
05-27-2014, 08:19 PM
Apologies, won't happen again.

No worries. I understand the anger and frustration so I empathize with you. I'd hate to see your buddy's reaction when he finds out though. We have an MR.net Underground where it's mostly okay to say whatever but in the general forum, we have to keep it PG-13.

Erik
06-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Broke the news to him yesterday. He took it pretty hard. There was much swearing and yelling involved. He is very thankful that my key worked though. This is what we managed to do with the top as a temporary fix, I take credit for the sewing job, it takes a lot of patience.

http://i57.tinypic.com/9getya.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/295e9ow.jpg