View Full Version : NA - NRG Short Hub, loss of power steering?

ztfoss
06-20-2014, 12:34 AM
Sorry I cant supply pictures right now, but I was installing a NRG short hub along with the 2.8 quick release. After installation it felt that i have no more power steering. Could it be possible that the nut behind the wheel was tightened too much or even that the hub was rubbing on the plastic causing it to feel like a resistance? I need opinions and help asap. Thanks.

tsingson
06-20-2014, 07:18 AM
That happened to me where I had tightened that nut way tight and I had trouble turning the wheel. It felt like it was getting hung up though and that's how I knew I had tightened the nut too tight. Don't know if this is the case.

ztfoss
06-20-2014, 11:08 AM
That happened to me where I had tightened that nut way tight and I had trouble turning the wheel. It felt like it was getting hung up though and that's how I knew I had tightened the nut too tight. Don't know if this is the case.

I cut away the lip of plastic that was rubbing on the hub and just like that its perfectly fine again.

tsingson
06-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Mine did the same thing. I just didn't want to cut anything for when I put my stock wheel back on. Glad that you got it figured out.