PDA

View Full Version : Godspeed Radiator Review

Meow
01-11-2012, 08:48 AM
I bought this radiator a couple of months ago (on Amazon.com) and couldn't be more happy with it.

it was $212.64 or something and came with these two fans

But the fans could not fit in the space of my 1.6L engine. And there was no way to mount them.
So i just used the OEM fans and they fit great.

I also had to make custom brackets for the radiator to fit, but i'm almost positive the owner before me had broken a lot of pieces under the hood.

If your Miata is lowered i HIGHLY suggest putting a different drain plug on the bottom of the radiator, as it hangs pretty low. I had a buddy make a plug out of metal and put threads on it.

In closing i think this is a great priced radiator and the car has been running cooler since i've installed it (just over 1000 miles since being put on)

I suggest finding this radiator without the fans and i'm sure it'll be cheaper.

EDIT: here's the link for those interested http://www.amazon.com/Godspeed-Mazda-Radiator-Aluminum-Racing (http://www.amazon.com/Godspeed-Mazda-Radiator-Aluminum-Racing/dp/B0040IH1DM/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1326289733&sr=8-2-spell)

shane
03-07-2012, 10:19 AM
this or mishimoto hmmmm

stormin'norman
03-07-2012, 12:58 PM
this or mishimoto hmmmm

Get the Mishi through JSCspeed.

shane
03-07-2012, 01:50 PM
goodwin review has me worried about that now......

"Budget Miata radiator for budget Miata racers.

Please don't ask me if this Miata radiator is as good as our KOYO Miata radiators because I am telling you clearly right here that it is NOT. If you want PERFECT drop-in fitment order one of our 37mm Miata Koyo radiators.

If you are a Miata racer on a budget, and willing to work around minor fit and trim issues when installing your factory fans to this miata radiator, etc., then this is a great Miata radiator for the price."

Can anyone confirm/deny fitment issues?

stormin'norman
03-07-2012, 02:07 PM

0 issues with the Mishi. I own one and have seen another 2 installed. The only fitment problems you might run into are fans + larger swaybars. In that case some clearancing on the fan shroud is needed or slim fans. This is a problem that would occur on any larger radiator.

shane
03-07-2012, 02:28 PM
thanks for the input man, much appreciated.

imperfekt
03-07-2012, 06:08 PM
i really like my godspeed also, i got it under 200 bucks without the fans last year... fits fine in my '94, no trimming or custom-made anything, but i had to ziptie s hose outta my stock fans' reach. I got some slimfans to fix that and will put them in soon.

I have RacingBeat tubular swaybar, A/C and P/S... and it still fits fine except the one hose, and gets the cooling job done rather nicely :)

Flyineunos
03-11-2012, 11:48 AM
check my thread on the DNA radiator. Had one hiccup but its all good now.

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?403-Another-Ebay-Aluminum-radiator-for-sale

...and for $180 shipped with slim fans and shroud...cant go wrong here.

hippari
03-13-2012, 01:50 AM

If you're talking about the mishi, I had a bunch of easy-to-fix issues on my NB1, and a friend had a bunch of easy to fix issues on his NA. I don't remember the specifics of the NA, but for me I had to chop a piece off the fanshroud as well as push in and ziptie my A/C core. I'm sure there were a couple other things but nothing major. It's in now and it's been great for a year and and half or so.

I have another friend who put a Godspeed in his MSM with no issues, however.

bodybag
03-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Got mine for $160 shipped a few years ago and I've had no issues at all with it. Got hot once but first gear drifting for 6 minutes straight will do that due to no airflow lol. MINOR install issue with the brackets, I think it was something stupid like 1/8th of an inch off so I just stretched things a bit, worked just fine. I don't doubt the koyos are better but for a buget its hard to beat the godspeed...