PDA

View Full Version : New Eibach Pro Kit has been installed. What a PITA!

Sean5294
06-29-2014, 06:36 PM
Well I just finished the installation. I wish I could say it went easy but we all know that is never the case. This was my eighth Eibach install so I am pretty seasoned. For some reason this was the hardest install I have ever had. Aside from the standard frozen nuts and bolts the biggest problem I had was with having enough room to get the assemblies out from the wheel wells. I removed/ broke every sway bar link but even with those removed there simply was not enough room. I am not going to tell your how I finally got them out because it was not one of my finest moments lol. Did anyone else have this problem or am I just special? Total install time 12 hours :bop: I am going to go back and do some more research, I know I did not do something right.

The good news is they ride great. Much better than my stock springs. I should have done shocks as well but I am to damn cheap :mrgreen: I will need some new sway bar links so I guess I will hunt them down this week.
Here is a pic
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/kain99_2006/eibach_zpsd175bcad.jpg

Martin
06-30-2014, 08:58 AM
Did you review this thread? It's for NA - I've never worked on an NB. Is there a significant difference?

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?187-How-do-I-suspension-swap

Sean5294
06-30-2014, 09:21 AM
My God, I am retarded. I knew something was not right. Well it will be much easier next go around. hahha

Martin
06-30-2014, 11:01 AM
:lol:

Sean5294
06-30-2014, 11:34 AM
I do have my new links on the way. :slayer:

The Driver
06-30-2014, 01:49 PM
O.P., stock shocks will not survive for long with lowering springs. They are just not designed to handle anything under stock heights. Good luck.

RotorNutFD3S
06-30-2014, 02:23 PM
O.P., stock shocks will not survive for long with lowering springs. They are just not designed to handle anything under stock heights. Good luck.

Just to add, this is generally true with standard stock shocks. The Bilstein shocks that came with some models will be fine with most lowering springs.

The Driver
06-30-2014, 02:28 PM
Just to add, this is generally true with standard stock shocks. The Bilstein shocks that came with some models will be fine with most lowering springs.

Roger that!

Sean5294
06-30-2014, 03:24 PM
I know, I will do shocks as soon as these crap out. I will have to do a little research about which ones to get. This car is daily driven and will see very little track use.