PDA

View Full Version : missing wheel spacer ???

MX595
06-30-2014, 11:45 PM
I went an got my wheels balanced at a place with a Hunter system, upon getting all the wheels off, i noticed a bit of play, according to the people there, I should have a little spacer between the hub and the wheels, since the balance did help with the 65 mph shimmy, i'm afraid i may have masked another issue, all ball joints and other hardware are in good order, any suggestions or anyone know what part i'm trying to explain?

I will post photos tmrw

Tkblazer
06-30-2014, 11:49 PM
you must be talking about hub centric rings. If you have oem wheels, they should be already hub centric. If you have aftermarket wheels, you will need to measure the inner hub bore of the wheels to figure out what size you need. It is not necessary to run them, it can just help center a wheel onto a hub.

MX595
07-01-2014, 12:20 PM
ok good to know, they are stock rims, there is a bit of play in the wheels when i jack the car up, its a little wobble, was wondering if this was affecting the 65mph shimmy or not, any idea where i could find the centric rings?

jdmfc3s90
07-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Since you have OEM wheels, you do not need hub centric rings. The hub size is already matched. You need to look into other issues. Check your lug nuts, studs first. If nothing wrong there, id look into the play in your hub.

MX595
07-01-2014, 09:07 PM
the read hubs are in good shape, no play, studs are good, the front hubs have a very little play, even amount on both sides, the sway bars/endlinks look good too, i guess it may just be the bum rim