PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question!! Traveling to Europe

sleepygonzo
07-02-2014, 06:38 AM
Hi all im planning on travelling to Europe for a driving holiday in September with the wife! Planning on going from France to holland with a few detours to Monaco and Switzerland.

I will be doing a full service on the car before i go but i was hoping i could get some advice from all on things to look out for, good insurance companies, what to bring in case i get any trouble etc... Any past experiences would be welcomed.

I drive a NB 1.8 98

Car has 88000 miles runs perfectly recently installed new exhaust, brake pads and changed oil& filter. Shes completely standard my blank canvass to work on further down the line.

Any help/advice appreciated! :) thanks

maharaj
07-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Try to finish your full service at least 2 weeks prior to leaving that way if there are any issues you can address them at home. I would pick out a couple emergency tools to bring, just in case. Better to have some tools and not need them instead of need them and not have them.

sleepygonzo
07-02-2014, 08:27 AM
Try to finish your full service at least 2 weeks prior to leaving that way if there are any issues you can address them at home. I would pick out a couple emergency tools to bring, just in case. Better to have some tools and not need them instead of need them and not have them.

Yes good advice going to service it this month an then again closer to leaving date, thanks! Any tips on making the car more fuel efficient?

Twistietweaker
11-16-2014, 03:03 PM
Well, you could try allowing the wife to drive! :frantic: