PDA

View Full Version : Fender Rollers and Heat Gun in Raleigh area

Crossusn
07-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Looking for someone who will let me borrow or rent their fender roller and heat gun in the Raleigh area?

I already know of PCM mustang shop but they are gone for the weekend and charge $40 along with a deposit.

kung fu jesus
07-18-2014, 11:36 AM
I have both.

kung fu jesus
07-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Matt - are your tires clearing alright now?

Pyr0monk3y
07-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Do your fender liners rub? KFJ rolled my fenders, so my tires are safe from being sliced, but my fender liners still rub in corners where the car gets loaded up (every other corner on the dragon). They rub when the car is at full lock too, like when backing out of a parking space.

kung fu jesus
07-19-2014, 08:42 PM
I normally remove them or cut them way down. I left most of them intact.

Crossusn
07-19-2014, 11:40 PM
So after we rolled them I hit going around a turn again and got home to discover a nice little gash in my brand new tire. The part that is rubbing is where the front bumper bolts to the fender. Its at about 10 o clock on the wheel well if your looking at the driver side. The top is metal (fender) and the bottom is plastic (bumper) and it has a fastener going through it. I took a hammer and bent the metal up and then filed the plastic down but I might cut it for a more permanent solution. I want to autox without any worries.

kung fu jesus
07-20-2014, 08:33 AM
Bummer. Driver's side? I still think that corner is lower that the others.