PDA

View Full Version : help: driver's side lighting problems and interior fan problems

imperfekt
07-24-2014, 03:09 PM
Hello, I've recently become the victim of some electronic issues.... I'm usually pretty good with wiring and stuff but idk, maybe I'm getting old lol...

So my driver's side headlight... it doesn't work, nor does the bright. the pitcrew has a lovely plug-and-play quality, so i'll just say that i'm working with the OEM lighting. I looked at the wiring (as i've tucked my wiring and wanted to double-check my work) and all the wires are connected and insulated just fine, so maybe it's the bulb? However, check this out, my driver's front turn signal only works when the headlights are off, but my rear driver's signal is A-OK. Kinda like this:

headlights off; front signal OK, side marker does not blink
first click/running lights on: front signal OK, side marker does not blink
second click/headlights on: front signal does not function, running light and side marker blinks instead
flick forward/brights on: same as headlights on.

passenger's side works perfect on all settings :)

aaaaaaaaaaaaand, my interior vents don't blow... on the highest fan setting (4), they blow just the slightest breath you can barely feel with your hand super-close to the vent.

thanks so much for some direction!

imperfekt
07-25-2014, 01:14 PM
k, i got my left headlight to function correctly... the problem was a faulty harness, however, it is kinda dim - i may have to redo it with larger-gauge wire.

however, the signal still only functions with the headlights off. it appears the side markers and the running lights are tied into the headlights and turn signals somehow, as they get dim when i turn the headlights on and pulse when i put the turn signal on...

the right side works perfect, doesn't dim or pulse or so any signs of any issues and i wired them both up identical - i still have no clue what the issue is :\ as far as i know they don't share any relays or anything, not even sharing the same ground....

the interior fans are having to wait until the light issue is resolved, inspection due sooooooon.

Martin
07-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Man, I wish I could help. But my wiring skills & knowledge are almost nonexistent.

imperfekt
08-05-2014, 09:56 PM
thanks, I have figured out the light issue... idk why my interior fan doesn't blow still