PDA

View Full Version : Completed my cold side intake finally

Crossusn
08-06-2014, 11:45 PM
So I had read around and decided I wanted to do it. That was 4 months ago because while the parts were on the way I read even more and discovered it may not be such a good idea (loss of low end tq, heatsoak from radiator, no hole like the one under drivers side headlight, and then the possibility that it may require me to change the timing). So I left it for a while. Then yesterday I realized that sometimes you just have to try something before you know if you will like it or hate it. I was done with obsessing over the hp gains, losses and people trying to prove it on dyno's. SOOO..... I finally did it and guess what, I LOVE IT. I love the cleaner look of the engine bay and whoa the sound is incredible. I didnt expect such a melody from a i4. Sounds like an infinity v6. As far as power, I cant notice a single difference either way. I dont feel more, I dont feel less, so Im glad I did it and I would recommend it to anyone.
PS- tried to get a video both with my phone and my gopro and the sound quality was crap. Heres a pic tho.

EDIT: Oh and I did cut a hole under the passenger side headlight to match the other side. Turned out fine and its hidden anyways.

tsingson
08-07-2014, 06:52 AM
Looks good, Matt! Wanted to try this before but decided to use the AEM Intake instead. Maybe you should put which parts you used and where you got them from for anyone that may be looking to do this also.

Sean5294
08-07-2014, 07:44 AM
They definitely give the car a little more growl :slayer:

alexey
08-13-2014, 11:04 AM
The sound is reaaly awesome. I used my friend ebay intercooler piping 2.5 in, and autozone k&n filter. Did not notice any difference, but the cas sounded really awsome. Loved it. To me the sound was similarbto honda s2000, after 4000 rpm sounded like vteck kicked in. I had a 99