Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NC owners check in!

Idling - Listen to it purr... Vegas Mx's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by psulja View Post
    Could really use some kind of lowering. 4x4!
    Out west here partner we all do alot of 4 byin so no suspension lowering in the near future Lol.

Actually, my 1st mistake, the wheels nice, chromies with brand new rubber 205/40R/17 a lower tire. Got them locally on Craigs list for less than $500. but the offset sets them out too far to lower into wheel wells as it will definately rub so I will remain high until I find the right wheels, also with all the construction and speed bumps in Vegas as well as an incline in my driveway any lower and I will need skidpaltes.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch
    Thanks Given
    Actually the wheel offset is great. It's nice and flush with the wheel well edge looks like. You don't need to slam the ride height but NC1's in particular really benefit from a lower ride height (how Mazda should have sold them from factory, frankly). Mazdaspeed springs (or Eibach equivalents) are conservative and inexpensive yet will lower you about 1.25" - 1.5". Or if you plan more suspension mods (shocks) then just get coilovers and set whatever ride height you like.

Your car is looking good though vegasmx, the stripes and wheels really set it off against the Stormy Blue. Nice work!
    CURRENT: black NC PRHT - mazdaspeed springs, RacingBeat sways, FM duals, lowered seat, accelerator pedal mod.
    EX (260K km of adventures): blue NB - FM suspension, momo steering, FD OEM shift knob, cold-side intake, RacingBeat exhaust.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! psulja's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Twilight Blue/1991 Mariner Blue
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Mx View Post
    Out west here partner we all do alot of 4 byin so no suspension lowering in the near future Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackchicken View Post
    Actually the wheel offset is great. It's nice and flush with the wheel well edge looks like. You don't need to slam the ride height but NC1's in particular really benefit from a lower ride height (how Mazda should have sold them from factory, frankly). Mazdaspeed springs (or Eibach equivalents) are conservative and inexpensive yet will lower you about 1.25" - 1.5". Or if you plan more suspension mods (shocks) then just get coilovers and set whatever ride height you like.
    Exactly what I'm saying, even just a little bit from springs will make it look so much better. A perfect example would be blackchicken's car, just Mazdaspeed springs and it already looks way better than stock and handles great. No need for skidplates. Hope you don't mind I'm gonna post a pic of your car as an example (it'll make up for you not posting a pic earlier):

Paul | IG- @psulja
    Build thread:
    1991 Mariner Blue - Built 1.8 swap, EFR, Fab9Tuning, Tii drivetrain

Thanks Given
    No worries. Not the most flattering photo going up hill like that but gives an idea I guess. But in the interests of saving a fellow NC from driving around in OEM 4x4 mode any longer than absolutely necessary, here is one more...
    8.jpg

VegasMX - if you or others want more info on how much lowering you can expect, measure your hub centre to fender and you will likely for the NC1 it is ~15" (NC2 improved slightly to ~14.5", still weirdly high for a sports car). With the mazdaspeed springs this will drop a full 1.5", maybe even a bit more... mine is ~13.25" - 13.4". It ends up at a ride height that, frankly, just looks "normal" rather than "lifted" (it would look even better another 0.5" lower IMO). So it's not extreme at all and very reasonable for daily driving on Canadian less-than-perfect roads, even in winter.

And here is my idea of a perfectly lowered / stanced rim NC, snagged from the "best NC pic" thread that has many more examples... major props to the owner of this NC...
    NC perfect stance.jpg
    Last edited by blackchicken; 01-22-2012 at 03:03 AM.
    CURRENT: black NC PRHT - mazdaspeed springs, RacingBeat sways, FM duals, lowered seat, accelerator pedal mod.
    EX (260K km of adventures): blue NB - FM suspension, momo steering, FD OEM shift knob, cold-side intake, RacingBeat exhaust.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone JonB's Avatar
    Drives
    2008 Copper Red Mica
    Thanks Given

Hi everyone!. I'm Jon B. I've got a '08 NC1 Touring 6-Speed Manual in Copper Red Mica.

Exterior:
    -Mazdaspeed Front Bumper
    -Mazdaspeed Rear Bumper
    -Mazdaspeed Side Skirts
    -Mazdaspeed Rear Lip Spoiler
    -OEM Removeable Hardtop painted Mercedes Benz Iridium Gray Metallic
    -5000k Low Beams HIDS and 3000k Fog Lights HIDs from TheRetrofitSource.com
    -Cobalt Lower Engine Cover
    -Racing Beat Radiator Protection Screen
    -Hella Supertone Horns
    -Zoom Blue Wide Angle Side Mirrors

Interior:
    -Mazdaspeed Shift Knob
    -Mazdaspeed Parking Brake Handle
    -Mazdaspeed Carbon Look Dash Panel, Door Switch Inserts and Rearview Mirror Cover
    -RedLineGoods Shift Boot, E-Brake Boot and Door Inserts
    -AWR/Goodwin Double Hoop Roll Bar powdercoated dark gray
    -Lotus Exige copy seats on RyokuRob Engineering Seat brakets (In the works)
    -Factory stereo hooked up to an Alpine V12 Amp poweing 5x7" component front and 6x9" rear Alpine Type-R speakers
    -XCarLink Ipod Integration Module

Drivetrain:
    -Mazdaspeed Cold Air Intake
    -Mazdaspeed Axle Back Exhaust
    -Racing Beat Sport Midpipe
    -Factory LSD

Suspension:
    -Tein Type Flex Coilovers set for about 13.25" ride height
    -Tein EDFC (Not yet installed)
    -Mazdaspeed Front & Rear Sway Bars
    -Mazdaspeed Front Strut Tower Brace
    -Beatrush Center Tunnel Brace, Tunnel X-Brace and Rear Subframe Brace
    -Volk Racing TE37SL 17x8.5 +40 wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza RE11 sized 235/40ZR17

I think that's everything, haha. I'm both proud and a little disappointed that I've done so much yet no one can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsk View Post
    If you don't know who I am, just look for the sexiest guy there. That's Jon B. I'm the guy next to him.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Grumpy's Avatar
    Drives
    Grumman Wildcat (ok, 92 Miata) :
    Thanks Given
    Hey Jon. Was wondering how long it was gonna take for you to post in here. Lol! Damn you've done a truckload to your car. No oe can tell cause its mostly performance based. Unlike mine. Lol. Ps. You forgot your mazdaspeed oil cap.

Thanks Given
    Jon - your car has long been one of my favourite NC's. Very nicely put together. Even wheels suit it to a T.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Mexican_Guy's Avatar
    Drives
    the metro bus
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    I think that's everything, haha. I'm both proud and a little disappointed that I've done so much yet no one can tell.
    it's far more than i been done lol
    2010 NCII TR

Idling - Listen to it purr... Emex's Avatar
    Drives
    Gray NC Miata
    Thanks Given
    Checking in from Brisbane Australia...sorry about the delay in posting!
    2006 Mazda MX-5 - Galaxy Grey/ Black leather 6SP Manual soft top. Extra leathery bits & some more piano black than factory with smoked repeaters for a spicier flavour...& ipod connection + K&N panel. The love affair has shifted up a gear.

Idling - Listen to it purr... freescopesdad's Avatar
    Drives
    2012 liquid silver
    Thanks Given
    Brand new NC2 here, just picked it up last Monday. I had a 99 which I bought new, and eventually FMII turboed it, and ran it for another 80,000 miles until the motor started feeling tired. Test drove an 07 and didn't like the handling, so I bought an S2000. But my fellow club members finally convinced me of the error of my ways. Actually the S2K is a very nice car, handles quite well, but is a bit hardcore and spartan. I really like my new MX-5, and plan to treat it to a healthy aftermarket diet.

I just found this forum when I was checking R2 Limited for Miata graphics.
    Ron
    Sacramento Area Miata Owners Association
    2012 GT PRHT 6SM Liquid Silver Tein Flex RB Sways RoadstersportII Duals

Drives
    the metro bus
    Thanks Given
    welcome to the club!

most people here drive na's and nb's, we are a few nc owners here you got any pics of you car?
    2010 NCII TR

Drives
    the metro bus
    Thanks Given
    holly crap! you drive the same as me liquid silver!
    2010 NCII TR

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Grumpy's Avatar
    Drives
    Grumman Wildcat (ok, 92 Miata) :
    Thanks Given
    Sweet! welcome to NC ownership. It's a bit of a rarified group on this forum.

Idling - Listen to it purr... Vegas Mx's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Some updates on my 07, Added the 1/4 " red pin as contrast, and just yesterday added a matching single hash stripe to the drivers side front fender.

I know I will take heat on this one but I bought those Fake Brembo caliper covers and installed them 2 weeks ago, I am actually happy with them because they have all but eliminated the brake dust that was covering my chrome wheels, and I don't have to touch them up as I did with the red paint I did, best $17.00 I ever spent.
    Ring around the moon 2-7-12 052.jpg
    Ring around the moon 2-7-12 062.jpg
    Miata hash mark 002.jpg
    Miata hash mark 003.jpg
    Miata with red stripes added 005.jpg

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Caoboy's Avatar
    Drives
    a miata
    Thanks Given
    I miss my NC.

And my dad won't let me drive his. He doesn't even drive it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast