Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: sc problems

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BlitzWing's Avatar
    Drives
    94 RS-Ltd
    Thanks Given
    Tonight after tuning the WUE curve I took it for a sneaky run to the next village and back.... totally different car to what I got from Blendini. Power is constant, idle is smooth as silk, cold starts no longer take any input from my right foot to help start it. It just feels right. Just need to book it in for its MOT and its back in action.

Then its onto Blendini, I'm tempted just to take the £250 in cash then just dump the full email log, videos(before and after etc) and basically nuke their rep from orbit. I have yet to bring my far better self tuning up or the legal threats to myself on MX5nutz as they are monitoring so I plan just to dump it all at once and let it sit and see what happens.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlitzWing For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (04-17-2015)

Drives
    94 RS-Ltd
    Thanks Given
    well it failed the MOT... but the good side is that its nothing to do with the engine. It failed the handbrake test and the drivers door lock failed. The handbrake test is no shock the rear pads were almost gone and the door lock has been dodgy since I got it. So with all things considered I'm calling it a win. Just going to give them the ok to do whatever and I'll ask if they can get a matching set of EBC green pads for the rear if not I'll buy a set and let them do it.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Satisaii's Avatar
    Drives
    2020 Polymetal GT
    Thanks Given
    They test door locks?! 95% of the time I don't bother, would rather have people looking through it rather than slashing the top to get at my $2 USB charger.

Come to think of it, I have not locked the doors on my daily since I bought it nearly 2 years ago.

Drives
    94 RS-Ltd
    Thanks Given
    well this is the thing my locks suck as in I cant unlock the drivers side door from the inside. So its a safety thing encase of a fire etc.

you can still get away with a ton of stuff and the cops wont pull you over just for a light... but you will have to fix it come test time. I'm actually ok with that rule. Its when they get funny about import rules vs domestics (imports get away without running any sort of cat if its before 1994) My current test centre know my cars quirks and I've been going to them since I think 2005 maybe longer.

Drives
    94 RS-Ltd
    Thanks Given
    So it's been way over a year since my last update and I thought I'd give an update...

Blendini never got back to me and never took me to court and the review is still posted on MX5Nutz last I checked.

The car itself is running better then ever. The guys over at Autotronix took my base map and worked their magic on it. it's now around 180Bhp without the reduction pulley. So it's totally sound and quicker then ever. It did have a minor boost leak but nothing a new coupler could not fix.

So plan is to get a new clutch, bigger injectors, an intercooler and some TDR pulleys. and try and hit 210
    Last edited by BlitzWing; 12-11-2016 at 12:22 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlitzWing For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (12-11-2016),NCGreasemonkey (12-11-2016),The Driver (12-11-2016)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234