Thread: Can someone help me find or create a list of all Miata racing series and events?

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    a Miata
    Thanks Given

Exclamation Can someone help me find or create a list of all Miata racing series and events?

Anyone know where I can find a list of all sanctioned Miata racing events worldwide, past and present? Or help me make the list?

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Sanctioned, as in falling under an official governing body, or can it be an affiliation? Spec Miata in SCCA and NASA versus the Miata Challenge and SuperMiata series on the west coast? There is also the Roadster Cup out there, too. All three of those series are Miata-only series, but don't fall under SCCA or NASA.

Drives
    a Miata
    Thanks Given
    Doesnt' necessarily have to be sanctioned. Large, Miata-specific events worldwide are really what I'm looking for in addition to sanctioned series.

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Your post on THQ is probably a good source.

Drives
    a Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    Your post on THQ is probably a good source.
    Yes, a couple people on there have been really helpful. I've also spent some time refining my online searches and am finding more information now that I have a better idea of what to search for.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    What is the list for? Are you writing a book? Planning a road trip? Just curious? There are a hundreds of events for miatas probably a race every weekend somewhere if you consider AutoX and SpecMiata in your "events" and that is just in the USA. Just as many races and events over seas

Drives
    a Miata
    Thanks Given
    Working on a guide to Miata racing and want to make it as complete as possible. I'm trying to stick with only sanctioned events in English speaking countries (perhaps with honorable mentions to other countries that enjoy sanctioned Miata racing) to keep the scope narrowed. I think it would be downright impossible to chronicle every event, race, series, class, etc. around the world in which a Miata could participate! LOL.

So for example, I would have a section about Spec Miata itself, not each Spec Miata event. Rules and regulations, history, etc. And then information about Super Miata and the MX-5 Cup. From what I can tell, those are the major 3 in the US that would be considered sanctioned Miata racing.

The same for the racing series and events I can find in the UK and Australia. I've also run across some other events like the Miata Media Challenge, the Ice Race/Cup in Sweden, and the open race Mazda did in Italy for the 20th anniversary of the Miata. Those races may get a quick mention as they're interesting.

Mod Squad
    Drives
    2016 Ceramic GT
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,353 Posts