Thread: Topless Coffee!

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts

Topless Coffee!

Hi Everyone,

Ever notice, that when Miata enthusiasts get together, they like to talk about their cars? What better place than a coffee shop. Grab a cup o' joe, check out each others rides, and relax. Heck, I figure after we're done talking, a small group might even take a quick drive around on some choice twisty roads.

I am looking to start an informal meeting of Miata folks at coffee shops. Could be morning, noon, or night... again, informal. Now, I know that for me, the closest one is Starbucks in Seabrook NH (across from Walmart on rt 1). But, if someone else wants to set something up near them to do the same thing, post it here!

This won't start until spring 2012, when my car/s are back on the road. Please let me know what you all think.

-Cheers,

Jim

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! cbaylis77's Avatar
    Drives
    Black 1999
    Thanks Given
    I'm in! We do breakfast every Sunday during the summer but not in your area. Are you in the Mass Miata Club? There are a couple members up your way. They had a run in Newburyport last fall.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Hi Cbaylis77,

I have family down in Charlton MA, and I go right by Lancaster. I have also been to your shop (if it's Bob's). I'm not in Mass Miata Club yet, but Bob did give me an application.

As far as meeting spots, I would like to see a few across the area, that folks could organize with local owners. Again, nothing formal, just a spot to say "Hi" and get aCup-O-Joe.

I promise that I will make it down to one of your Sunday breakfasts.

-Cheers,

Jim

Drives
    Black 1999
    Thanks Given
    Hi Jim,
    Yes that is our shop (Bob is my dad). We do Sunday breakfast at Meadow Brook Orchards in Sterling and then usually go for a drive around the Mt. Wachusett area. The club has some great trips planned including a big four day "Fall for New England" in Oct. that will have Miatas from all over the country coming here to go leaf peeping. I'm also looking at doing some of the Auto Cross events with the Renegade Miata Club. Hope to see you around.
    -Chris

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Chris, good to meet you. Your Dad is a very nice guy, and loves the Miata (His black Mazda Speed is shweeeeeet). I will make it down to one of your breakfasts. AND your Tech Day, April 14th. I would like to check out an Autocross at Fort Devens this summer too.

-Jim

Drives
    Black 1999
    Thanks Given
    Jim, I talked to a guy from Amesbury today who just bought an '03. He's bringing it by next week for some work. Maybe you'll see him around.
    Last edited by WASABI; 02-27-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    Miata family: '93 auto "Blacky", '99 turbo "Frankenstein" and '05 Mazdaspeed.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by cbaylis77 View Post
    Jim, I talked to a guy from Amesbury today who just bought an '03. He's bringing it by next week for some work. Maybe you'll see him around.
    Really? Is it red with a gold/yellow driver's side front fender? Hmmm, I know we have a few kickin' around Amesbury. And I know of at least 6. Have him join up here. I put on a ride in the summer called the Midnight Run and maybe he'll want to join us.

-Jim

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! moerdogg's Avatar
    Drives
    1992 Smurf
    Thanks Given
    Starbucks in Seabrook sounds great to me. I work off of Rte 1 in Hampton, so it's only about 5 minutes to get to a caffeine fix.

If you're interested in doing a drive with Renegade, I ran a NH wine tour (yeah, there are wineries in NH, surprised me too) last fall that was a lot of fun. Probably going to repeat again this year, sometime in the August/September timeframe.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by moerdogg View Post
    Starbucks in Seabrook sounds great to me. I work off of Rte 1 in Hampton, so it's only about 5 minutes to get to a caffeine fix.

If you're interested in doing a drive with Renegade, I ran a NH wine tour (yeah, there are wineries in NH, surprised me too) last fall that was a lot of fun. Probably going to repeat again this year, sometime in the August/September timeframe.
    That sounds great! I know there are quite a few Miata owners in the area, just not on this site yet, but I'm trying to get new members from New England on here.
    I would be interested in taking a ride with Renegade, thanks for the invite. I am looking into joining, and maybe attend an auto X event this summer.

-Jim

Drives
    1992 Smurf
    Thanks Given
    Great, I'll post up on here when the date gets closer.

Hope everyone in New England takes their car out today! Mine is still in storage, and it pains me greatly.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Great, I'll post up on here when the date gets closer. Hope everyone in New England takes their car out today! Mine is still in storage, and it pains me greatly.
    Thanks Moerdogg. With all this mild weather, I am chomping at the bit too. BOTH my cars are in the garage, with my BRG just needing a couple o-rings to finish my timing belt and water pump install. Should be done this weekend. I see your in Salem, so I'm open to heading down your way for a coffee meetup if you want to think of a spot too.

-Jim

Drives
    1992 Smurf
    Thanks Given
    Got my car out two days ago, and spent last evening at a friend's house replacing weatherstripping on the windows and trying to get the windows to roll up smoother. Success on the first task, no change on the second. I'm around this weekend and itching to go for a ride. How does Zumi's Coffee in Ipswich sound? There are some nice roads in that area. Planning to replace brake lines Saturday morning, any time in the afternoon works for me.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Got my car out two days ago...I'm around this weekend and itching to go for a ride. How does Zumi's Coffee in Ipswich sound? There are some nice roads in that area.
    They DO have nice roads. I had an office in Ipswich for two years, and the roads around there are awesome. What's not twisty and fun to drive, has beautiful views of coastline and New England charm.

Planning to replace brake lines Saturday morning.
    What are you going with? SS lines? I replaced my brake master, booster, all my hard lines, and installed a set of SS lines from 949 last year. Have fun!

-Jim

Drives
    1992 Smurf
    Thanks Given
    Ipswich is on the short list of places my wife and I are considering buying a house. She has to finish school first, though!

I got a good deal on some new-in-box 949 SS lines. I have some Porterfield R4S pads and new rotors to put on the rear brakes. Should help balance the massive front bias.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Alright, I have been out of the country this week, so couldn't finish my timing belt. Of course, I did a lot of other stuff too....like polish my radiator, wrap my header, and wire wheel every bolt before I reassembled.
    I am hoping to get it done this weekend. So early April, for the first gathering? I'll reach out to a couple local Miata guys that haven't joined this site yet.

-Jim

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast