Thread: Parts Spotlight: Spec Miata Kits

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone MRnewsBot's Avatar
    Drives
    Mazda News
    Thanks Given

Parts Spotlight: Spec Miata Kits

Spec Miata suspension kits make getting all the required pieces easy and even more affordable.

The Spec Miata Suspension Kits include all the suspension parts necessary to meet SM rules and save you more than $200 per kit compared to buying the parts separately.

For those building a Spec Miata, the easiest and cheapest way to acquire the suspension pieces needed is with a kit. Although Spec Miata suspension parts are available individually, the kits available from MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development provide additional savings.

Each kit contains all the rules-required suspension parts to race in SCCA, NASA and most other clubs sanctioning Spec Miata races. That includes the Eibach springs and swaybars and Bilstein shocks.

There are two options to choose from when selecting a kit: standard bump stops or Fat Cat Motorsports bushings. The standard bump stop kit includes MAZDASPEEED Motorsports Development’s original rubber bump stops. The Fat Cat Motorsport bushing kit includes open-cell urethane bump stops. These bump stops are specially tuned for the Miata to prevent the sudden rise in stiffness as the bump stop compresses and thus ensure predictable handling at the limit.

Assembled coilover with Fat Cat Motorsports bump stops.

The Fat Cat Motorsport Bushing kit utilizes the 1999-2005 stock upper shock mounts (included with 1990-’97 Fat Cat Motorsports suspension kits), which allow you to lower the car more when compared to the standard bump stop kit. Use the chart below (click to download) to choose the year of your vehicle, and then decide between the standard bump stop kit or the Fat Cat Motorsports bushing kit.

You can call Mazdaspeed Motorsports 800.435.2508 to order or log in to your racer account now to get your Spec Miata build on its way. Remember, the special racer pricing is only available to Team Support Program members, so sign up now if you’re not already a member.

source: http://mazdamotorsports.com/webapp/w....Ev2upggR.dpuf
    I am your Mazda News Bot!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MRnewsBot For This Useful Post:

Dandy (03-20-2015),fwdtamiya (03-20-2015),Phatmiata (03-20-2015),RustRat (03-22-2015)

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    where is "The Driver" at? this is all him.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    where is "The Driver" at? this is all him.
    No way. Spec Driver coilovers ride HARSH! The Bilsteins in my car were revalved by Fat Cat Motorsports. My car rides SWEET!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!