Thread: 1992 White Mazda Miata with 82, 000 in fantastic condition, in Palm Springs CA

Idling - Listen to it purr... TheRay's Avatar
    Drives
    1992 white miata
    Thanks Given

1992 White Mazda Miata with 82, 000 in fantastic condition, in Palm Springs CA

IMG_2545.jpg

Hi... thought i would post about my car, and get true mazda miata fans about what they think it is realistically worth... i have had the car for over 15 years and it has been meticulously maintained mechanically.. new everything, new top, new paint job, etc..

i see other early 90's miatas, in varying degrees of condition... this one is beautiful.

I am not in any rush to sell it, wanting to find someone who really appreciates the car and it's condition...

i have been wanting $5000 for it and consider that a fair price.

am i off mark?
    Last edited by TheRay; 03-31-2015 at 04:36 PM.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    A. Welcome. B. How is it a car that was "meticulously maintained" needs a paint job and a new top? C. Pics would be nice.
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Moved to the Value Queries section

Also photos would help

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    A. Welcome. B. How is it a car that was "meticulously maintained" needs a paint job and a new top? C. Pics would be nice.
    Maybe he/she is referring to the engine? Look at Toolmans 96 Montego, paint is flacked up, but open the hood and you can eat outta that engine bay, interior was clean as well.

The price depends on your local market too. I would imagine there are a surplus of NA Miatas in Cali?

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    Maybe he/she is referring to the engine? Look at Toolmans 96 Montego, paint is flacked up, but open the hood and you can eat outta that engine bay, interior was clean as well.

The price depends on your local market too. I would imagine there are a surplus of NA Miatas in Cali?
    There is only one Toolman in this world. In Cali, like in FL, Miatas are year round cars, so a lot of them are ABUSED. Surplus implies they are available everywhere and cheap, in reality they are around, and are not that cheap!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

Drives
    1992 white miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    IMG_2545.jpg

Hi... thought i would post about my car, and get an opinion of true mazda miata fans about what they think it is realistically worth... i have had the car for over 15 years and it has been meticulously maintained mechanically.. new everything, new top, new paint job, etc..

i see other early 90's miatas, in varying degrees of condition... this one is beautiful.

I am not in any rush to sell it, wanting to find someone who really appreciates the car and it's condition...

i have been wanting $5000 for it and consider that a fair price.

am i off mark?
    Sorry, new to this and didn't look at putting the photo, which i put in the post.. i repainted it, matching the original color as the paint job after 23 years it was looking a bit dead. the top as well had shown wear and tear and i put a brand new top on it.. meticulously maintained mechanically from top to bottom is what i was referring to... thanks

Drives
    Thanks Given
    ^ If you did the timing belt + water pump and the shocks, yes; I'd start @ $5,500. Looks like a nice car!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    Several Miatas, a 69 GT500 Shelby
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    ^ If you did the timing belt + water pump and the shocks, yes; I'd start @ $5,500. Looks like a nice car!

Wouldn't that depend on the mileage on the car, and the quality of the repaint?

Both of which are a mystery at the moment.

Bill S.
    Too many to list
    Instead of being part of the problem, why not be a part of a successful solution.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Mileage in the thread title says 82k

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Tkblazer's Avatar
    Drives
    Black 94
    Thanks Given
    That's gonna be a tough sell, but since you aren't in a rush to sell I'm sure someone will buy it eventually

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    Several Miatas, a 69 GT500 Shelby
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    Mileage in the thread title says 82k
    I think this is the car I saw in a California craigslist first for $4,500, then a week or two later at $8,000

Same exact picture as above

Bill S.
    Too many to list
    Instead of being part of the problem, why not be a part of a successful solution.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Travyss's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Montego Blue Miata
    Thanks Given
    The miata market is like the stock market it seems to fluctuate quite a bit, and doesn't really follow "blue book". Although, I offered "blue book" price on mine 4 years ago and got it at that. This was before you searched craigslist for miata, and 8/10 are on raceland coilovers with bad paint.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Travyss For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (04-01-2015)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Yeah I would have to agree I am seeing a lot more for sale that have been modded vs original version cars. I am no exception since I am modding mine, but when looking I always try to buy non-modded cars. And I would generally pay slightly more for a original stock version vs a modded car. Just less headache that way.

Drives
    1992 white miata
    Thanks Given
    thanks for the input, it's good to hear.. no, this car has not been listed anywhere else before, and i took that picture in my driveway a week ago. only customization that has been done is that the exhaust was upgraded, i placed a new sound system with speakers in the headrests.. i'm definitely willing to wait for the right price, rather than just part with it for a low offer... did the timing belt, water pump, all new tires, brakes, shocks, struts, updated the AC (being in the desert it is very necessary)...