Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts

HarryB's Strato blue NB2

Hello everyone, time to introduce both myself and my little toy. My name is Harry and I am a Mechanical Engineer from Greece, with a huge passion for cars. I got my Strato Blue NB2 1.6 this March and been loving it since! Actually I have been loving Miatas for a long time, just waiting till I found the right one... I was seriously after a "high edition" 1.6 NB2 for at least 4 months, have seen literally hundreds of ads and about 10 cars up close, and started being desperate. Until I found my current one!

2004, 1.6 EUDM model, beige leather interior with wooden Nardi wheel/shifter knob/handbrake, 128k kms, and really well maintained. Mods list this far:

Toyota COPS
    IL Motorsport alloy rad
    OEM LSD
    1.8 Sport "big brake" kit
    1.8 Sport OEM braces
    Mohair hood
    Scangauge

And a photo a week or so after buying it!

Then started taking it apart, cleaning and "fixing" minor issues (normal for an 11-year car)

Bought the "Interior Shampoo" from Autoglym and definitely recommend it! Just a before/after picture of the glovebox opening (please note that the car was relatively clean when I bought it).

Needless to say that almost the whole interior was taken apart and taken the Autoglym treatment.

Shifter boots were shot, so they were replaced with brand new ones. Turret oil was replaced as well (has not been changed since Mazda built it I guess )

Nasty old oil.

Hood latches were not locking (the passenger one at least), so they were removed, drilled, tapped and a headless screw was installed, allowing the locking mechanism to be adjusted as well.

The paint on these was not great, so they were repainted.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HarryB For This Useful Post:

Bryan (06-26-2019),Dandy (07-19-2015),Greasemonkey2000 (07-26-2015),tsingson (07-05-2015)