Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122

Thread: Kirin the '93LE Roadster

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,638 Times in 3,148 Posts
    The air horns are problematic and draw a ton of current. The electrical systems in these cars aren’t what one could call ‘robust’.

Glad this product works for you! Mine is really helpful in ATL traffic.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,291 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgrayleather View Post
    Randy, were your pedals attached to the arms or were they just the separate pedals?

These factory option foot pedals first appeared on the M2-1001 Cafe Roadster in 1991, then later on started showing up as an OEM Eunos Roadster Option. Back in the 1990's (in Japan) you could buy the full set for $140, or just buy the dead pedal for $55 and or just the 3 pedals (clutch, gas, brake) for $85. And for an extra service fee you could pay Mazda to install them for you, because you have to drill holes in your foot pedals (Brake and clutch) but I did it with a cordless drill, was not too much hassle. As long as you have GOOD drill bits (the ones with needle tip) otherwise the bit will walk on that smooth bare metal.

R-Limited foot pedals on 93LE by Randy George, on Flickr

As you can see on the backside they have a nut holding them on, taking that off you can see they are drilled pedals.

So all I had to do (Since I have the complete assembly) was make a template and that way I have the exact points to drill them at.

I used painters tape for my template and then peeled it off the original and taped it to my pedals and started to drill away.

I cannot stress enough here that you have to have to have to use GOOD needle point drill bits, and use a punch to make an indention (a guide) for your bit to follow, otherwise your drill bit will walk all over the damn place on that slick metal.

Overall Im very happy with the look, I did have some of those other clip on pedals at one point but they just seemed cheesy, and this is more OEM++ IMHO. And if you ever want to go back to stock you can take these back off and just put the rubber foot pads back on the car.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (Yesterday),atlex (Yesterday),HarryB (Today),MaRcOp01o (Yesterday),oldgrayleather (Yesterday),tsingson (Yesterday),vote4pedro (Yesterday)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! atlex's Avatar
    Drives
    blue, white and two-tone
    Thanks Given
    Looking Smart. I have done this halfway with the rubber brake/clutch covers still on - on my 89 car. I think in the NA '2' with LNC they started having those pedals drilled through like the accelerator pedal, since my 92 White car has the holes.. already.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,291 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atlex View Post
    Looking Smart. I have done this halfway with the rubber brake/clutch covers still on - on my 89 car. I think in the NA '2' with LNC they started having those pedals drilled through like the accelerator pedal, since my 92 White car has the holes.. already.
    Pre-Drilled ?! interesting, Mine is a 1993 so not sure about the prior years here, maybe some other folks with pre 93 NA stateside can check there Miatas?

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122