Thread: Cars, Coffee and California...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    Given the spoils of California car culture and year round top down motoring, the biggest outstanding question about north of the wall was clear. I’ve met a few of the local Miata club who seemed very pleased to see a new minty OEM Sunburst in town. Emphasis on the OEM part. Not sure they’ll appreciate the modifications on BERG let along Benny but it might be fun to be one of the younger members in the local Miata chapter.

It seems if you look hard enough, or know where to look, you might be surprised in what you find. After Hours Supply Company is a bunch of locals that have a specific appreciation for car culture of the modified JDM variety. Like KINOD they’re a lot younger than I am but feeling like they’ll be a source of fun and camaraderie. They were holding their first annual car meet. As usual I paid too much attention to the cars and people and didn’t make much use of my phone but there was a surprisingly large turn out (100+ cars easily) with a wide range of expression.

My nephew who turned me on to this crew, drove up with a contingent of 10+ from Vancouver.

The first fun JDM cars I’d seen, and of the variety that might scratch the sometimes snow element of Canadian living. Stohly seems to have caught the bug too…

I was flying out the next day but Mrs R and I joined after she let me install the period correct bra on her Sunburst (more pictures caught by my nephew)…

And with that, all was feeling pretty good in the world.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to oldgrayleather For This Useful Post:

druz (11-12-2021),HarryB (11-09-2021),JamieH (11-16-2021),LagBlu (11-25-2021),MaRcOp01o (11-09-2021),MiataQuest (12-05-2021),Roadster7 (11-09-2021),speedypenguin (11-15-2021),ueru (11-13-2021),vote4pedro (11-10-2021)