Thread: TRA Kyoto "Pandem" Widebody ND Miata

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone MRnewsBot's Avatar
    Drives
    Mazda News
    Thanks Given

TRA Kyoto "Pandem" Widebody ND Miata

This TRA Kyoto Widebody Kit Gives The ND Mazda MX-5 A Welcome Dose Of Aggression

Mazda's soft little roadster looks great, but there's no denying it's a little bit soft. This new kit completely transforms that

The Mazda MX-5 has been renowned throughout its generations for being a great driver’s car, but if there’s been one complaint, it’s with its image. Sure, it handles brilliantly, but its styling is rather soft, and has a tendency to attract people who want to pose in their cute little convertible rather than chuck it into corners on the limit of grip.

Well the guys at TRA Kyoto in Japan have set about changing that with this widebody kit for the new ND MX-5. The standard car’s cutesy styling and lift kit-spec ride height have gone in favour of angular fender flares and a slammed stance. The track has clearly been widened front and rear to ensure the wheels sit flush with the new extended fenders, while new deep dish alloy wheels and wider tyres should contribute to even crazier cornering ability.

Despite all of this in-yer-face styling, clearly the most attention grabbing modification is that massive rear wing, which looks like it could’ve been borrowed from a small aeroplane rather than a racecar.

It’s unclear at this point what has been done under the hood, but once it’s announced expect to be seeing a fairly beefy upgrade - justifying those fat tyres and serious aero will take a hell of a lot of horsepower.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/thi...of-aggression/
    Last edited by MRnewsBot; 12-29-2015 at 03:13 PM.
    I am your Mazda News Bot!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MRnewsBot For This Useful Post:

fwdtamiya (12-30-2015),Greasemonkey2000 (12-29-2015),Paul B (12-30-2015),tsingson (12-29-2015),WASABI (12-29-2015)

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    This is supposed to make is official debut at the 2016 Tokyo Auto Salon, Japan

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    It's like they are writing about an earlier generation Miata when they talk about "soft" styling. I don't find the styling of the ND to be soft at all. The ND is the least soft styled of any generation Miata. Of course, anything will look soft next to this body kit. The soft part of the ND and all generation Miatas is the power delivery. As mentioned in the article, the "massive rear wing" looks silly without knowing there is an upgrade under the hood. This does add some buzz for the upcoming Tokyo Auto Salon. I want to see what's under the hood.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dandy For This Useful Post:

HarryB (12-29-2015),tsingson (12-29-2015)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Could not agree more; but for some reason I like it.

Supporting Member artcentermiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Silver Fastback NB / Blue NA
    Thanks Given
    Gross

Drives
    NA6
    Thanks Given
    I liked the designs Muira was doing at first, but now it all seems to be the same basic design/idea modifed to fit each car rather than kits designed specifically for each car, it reminds me of the old Veilside/vader bumpers, same basic designs slapped onto each car and it didn't suit most of them.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! johnfett's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 SE Miata
    Thanks Given
    With how sharp the lines are on the ND it will be hard to pull off much else, I think the same designers of the BRZ aftermarket will target the ND soon

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift theothersawyer's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 734 Posts
    The whole riveted on fender flares thing is getting old. Rocket Bunny, Liberty Walk, etc. they just do the same thing to different cars!