Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BRGNA8's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 NA8C MX-5
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,413 Times in 378 Posts

My 1996 BRG NA8C Build Thread

Hey guys. My name is Steve from Sydney, Australia. Thought I'd start a build thread for my recently acquired NA8C in BRG.

Brief history : The car was previously owned by a much older gentleman (2nd owner, age would be around mid-late 60's) who kept it for around 10 years. He too was a car enthusiast and we chatted a bit about his past car history, which included a Porsche 944, Type A Mini and an Austin Healey 3000, amongst others. In fact, it was the love that he had for his BRG Austin Healey which led him to search for an NA BRG MX5 with tan interior. He had found the perfect one for him and when he picked the car up in late 2005, it has 153,XXX kms on the clock, equating to approximately 15,000kms per year travelled, which I'd consider average mileage. Once he picked it up though, he realised that he simply did not have time to enjoy it as much as he thought he would, which meant that this MX5 under his 10 year ownership travelled only approx. 2000 kms and was always garaged with a car cover over it, laying dorment. He did, however, take the car out every year to get it registered and serviced by getting the oil and filter changed and fixing up whatever may have been wrong.

Fast forward 10 years to December of 2015, the car is now with its 3rd owner. Me. The BRG paintwork is still very deep and in very good condition, has relatively low km's for its age when I picked it up (155,646 kms), has full service history and receipts (including every single receipts from the first owner, also an older gentleman according to the previous owner), and the best thing was that there was absolutely zero aftermarket modifications done to the car aside from a Sony Headunit, thus providing me with the perfect blank canvas to work with.

Here's a few photos of when I picked it up :

12/12/2015

Last edited by BRGNA8; 07-06-2017 at 03:23 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BRGNA8 For This Useful Post:

91BRG (01-04-2016),Greasemonkey2000 (01-04-2016),Phatmiata (01-04-2016),WASABI (01-04-2016)