Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Everything RDU 2016

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,396 Times in 850 Posts
    I think I want to sell my hard top. I don't NEED to sell it, but I might be up for offers on it. Wondering If I should throw it on CL for a way too high number, and see what kind of lowballs I get.

Also thinking about selling the MSM suspension as well.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power JLBMX5's Avatar
    Drives
    Red '93 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Tony if you truly want to sell your hardto . I would sand it down and at least put primer on it. You could bring it up to an 800.00 level easil . You saw where I got flamed for asking 5k for my miata on Facebook and yet it sold for 5k so clean it up and it will sel . In its condition now yea your probably going to get bottom dollar.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JLBMX5 For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (02-20-2016)

Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    True, but it's not something I ever have to sell. If someone really wanted it, and they threw out an offer of 750-800? I'd think about it. At the $400-500 level, it's worth it for me to just keep it.

That said, I'd love to have it painted white, and would probably bolt it on if I did. I don't see wanting to drop 600 in having that don't anytime soon though.

Drives
    Red '93 Miata
    Thanks Given
    I have a ton of sand paper and home most weekends if you ever want to swing by and take care of i . Primer light gray is pretty close to white and I have that as well

Drives
    Red '93 Miata
    Thanks Given
    If you want to air sand it I have a huge air compresso . Just no grinder so you would need to get one of those with some sanding wheels

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Why don't you get it prepped and painted if you have the money? I see that as a better investment than other accessories as a good condition painted top will hold its value. If mine were black or some other color, I would definitely be saving to color match. The other stuff you have to sell should help pay for it also. James even said he could help you prepare so all it would need is some paint.

Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Yeah we could try to carve out some weekend time, James. Not sure when as my life is kind of topsy turvy lately. I'm really into minimizing my life and getting rid of the nonessentials. In a month or so the hard top will probably be off of the car until next winter.

Anthony, I don't know that I want to spend 5-600 on painting a top, that I just may ending up selling for 900. Then I'm basically selling a $300 top with a $600 paint job.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift NCGreasemonkey's Avatar
    Drives
    '95 NA NA8 w/small tweeks
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 859 Posts
    Y'all guys make me feel homesick. Born in Florance, SC.. But home clan Is from Seven Springs and La Grange, NC.. Now in Northern Davidson area with a Winston-Salem address.

Keep the top. I bought my Noir because I knew the top was worth 2/3's the asking price. Mine is black, defrosted, factory wide-window.

Anybody going to Wilbur's anytime for some good chopped BBQ? Pm me. I need a pound to quench an urge!!!

Peace my Brothers!
    ... Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    ...and don't be like an NCGreasemonkey.
    For the thread on Noir click below
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....e-light-Slowly

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NCGreasemonkey For This Useful Post:

tsingson (02-21-2016)

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Tony, tell me about the MSM suspension. I have a good friend here on a tight budget. His KYBs are over 10 years old and have lost their effectiveness. I thought a good, used set of factory Billies might be just the ticket for him and his FM springs.

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    BTW, Tim and his girlfriend moved to ATL over the holidays. I am taking him to AMP next month to check it out. Hoping the NA is done, he has never seen it.

Drives
    Red '93 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Tony . call pitstop auto body and tell him if you do the prep how much would he charge for paint its just a top. Uses little paint. He is reasonable in pricing .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JLBMX5 For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (02-20-2016)

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Hardtop prices are going up. They are becoming hard to find and it would be regretful to sell it then need or want it back later.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (02-20-2016),tsingson (02-21-2016)

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NCGreasemonkey View Post
    Y'all guys make me feel homesick. Born in Florance, SC.. But home clan Is from Seven Springs and La Grange, NC.. Now in Northern Davidson area with a Winston-Salem address.

Keep the top. I bought my Noir because I knew the top was worth 2/3's the asking price. Mine is black, defrosted, factory wide-window.

Anybody going to Wilbur's anytime for some good chopped BBQ? Pm me. I need a pound to quench an urge!!!

Peace my Brothers!
    Let me know what weekend you are available. I am off all weekends and the NB is ready to go. All pieces have been installed. Probably going to wait on the short shifter uness Bill hits me with an invoice.

Tony, didn't you buy the top for $300. Are you trying to make money? And it all depends on where you go to get it painted. For the $500-$600 you mentioned, that's almost a whole paint job. If James does help you with the prep work, that cuts the price down.

Drives
    Red '93 Miata
    Thanks Given
    I know that I sold the miata so I am no longer a miata member but I did replace it with a Mazda so I'm still in Mazda group. Truth is I'm tall and i have a big gut so I was outgrowing it. Question is since I purchased mazdaspeed3 I have been eyeballing bigger turbos and now that I sold the miata I'm going for 350hp + so I have a shit ton of parts coming along with new coilover suspensio . If I can set an install date . I am going to talk to a local shop that loves turbos. Anyone want to come help ?

Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by NCGreasemonkey View Post
    * I'm going on vacation for a bit, Feb 26-March 8. Once I get back, I'll have a better idea on event scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    Tony, tell me about the MSM suspension.
    *From an 04 MSM with about 150K on them. When installed on the black car, they still felt nice and solid. I'd probably take $350 shipped if he wants them soon. Otherwise, I will install them, or use them to build a coilover setup (after they finish "Crawl-eigh").

Quote Originally Posted by JLBMX5 View Post
    Tony . call pitstop auto body and tell him if you do the prep how much would he charge for paint its just a top. Uses little paint. He is reasonable in pricing .
    *I'll add this to the things to do when back from Vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    Tony, didn't you buy the top for $300. Are you trying to make money?
    *I'm ALWAYS trying to make money Yeah I got the hard top at a steal; doesn't mean I have to "pass on the savings"... Especially on something what's rarity is increasing every month.

Quote Originally Posted by JLBMX5 View Post
    If I can set an install date . I am going to talk to a local shop that loves turbos. Anyone want to come help ?
    *I know jack shit about turbos (Something about air and witchcraft) but this might be a good learning experience. Keep us updated!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast