Thread: Selling Hot Wheels feeler thread.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift JamieH's Avatar
    Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,021 Times in 1,162 Posts

Selling Hot Wheels feeler thread.

So, I've been thinking about selling a lot of my Hot Wheels. Kind of don't like what the hobby has done to me in the past couple of months. And the hunt has just not done anything for me. Especially when there's no been much of anything new in the area for a while. I just can't compete with the guys in this area to be honest. They are far more diehard than me.

Anyways, like the title says, this is a feeler thread. I haven't done any research into what any of this is worth, and I have more I haven't gotten pics of yet. I do know some things are worth a little bit. So I guess let me know what you guys can tell me, what is worth selling what y'all would be interested in.

Heh, I would totally be down with doing a trade with Randy for whatever discount I could get on a set of seats he has I'm incredibly interested in.

Instead of slapping all the pics into the thread, here's an imgur link with them and some descriptions.

http://imgur.com/a/QsIpt

What I don't have pics of are the Zamacs I have, the Reto Entertainment cars, Fast and Furious sets, and some older, 90's stuff, and some various other stuff. I'll get pics of that stuff later.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    dont let the scalpers take the fun out of collecting for you, what are you looking for? I can send you some cars man, I rarely get T-Hunts, some folks just get lucky, and others are at the stores at 1am, screw that.

Why not try to get in the RLC Club online at least the cars are worth more than a buck, and several have gone up in value. Treasure hunts might get $20 when New to market and Hot but the prices always come down, I was picking up Super Hunts last year at a diecast show for $3 each LOL

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (04-18-2016),Paul B (04-19-2016),RotorNutFD3S (04-19-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Also why not get a Display Case and OPEN some, that is actually more rewarding for me anyhow.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

Paul B (04-19-2016)

Drives
    Sharka
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,007 Times in 1,278 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    Also why not get a Display Case and OPEN some, that is actually more rewarding for me anyhow.
    THIS. The little things are meant to be opened and pushed around. With a few rare exceptions (nice card art, error, etc), I open all of mine. I even open the expensive ones you're not supposed to open. They get pushed around, they go in the case, I bring them out once in a while and enjoy them.

If I left mine in the blister, I don't think the hobby would have lasted for a month for me.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to revlimiter For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (04-18-2016),RotorNutFD3S (04-19-2016)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift JamieH's Avatar
    Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,021 Times in 1,162 Posts
    Actually, I do open most of what I buy. I have something like a dozen+ of the thread organizer cases filled, most of them with two cars in each spot. The RLC club ain't for me. I've thought about it in the past, but decided against it every time. I don't plan to sell what I have opened unless there's some serious interest or something.

I've thought about it and I think I want to try and focus on building Betty a bit more. I'll still buy Hot Wheels, just less than what I have been, and spend less time checking the stores for new Hot Wheels. What I do have that's not opened just sits stored away, kind of not being appreciated or anything.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    Don't feel bad. I've never found a T hunt on my own here. Competition is too stiff. At one Kmart day, this dude, his wife and five kids each got tickets and all got to open boxes while he told them all the T hunts to get. I felt stupid for even showing up. The only cool cars I've gotten, Phat actually gave to me. Thanks again bra!

No todo que es oro brilla.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

Paul B (04-19-2016),Phatmiata (04-19-2016),tsingson (04-18-2016),WASABI (04-19-2016)

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Rogue's Avatar
    Drives
    93LE #737, 93LE #783, 92BnT, 95M, 90A and now a 97PEP
    Thanks Given
    Set 'em Free!…..I just filled my dumpster with the blisters and jewel cases of M2 cars, that are now proudly displayed on the Dennis Woods shelves.
    1992 BnT, 93LE #737, 94M, 95M, 96M, 97PEP, and a few 90s

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogue For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (04-19-2016)

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Paul B's Avatar
    Drives
    White NA Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 575 Posts
    Seriously, set them free. Build yourself a display case (or buy one). Show them off. Organize them by color, by make or model, by design. Skim down your collection to ones you really like. Do something to enjoy them and remind yourself why you bought them in the first place.

I recently built display racks for my Monster Jam truck collection. Makes me realize what I have and how cool these little trucks are.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul B For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (04-19-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Thread keepers are great but if you don't have them on display how can you enjoy them? Only reason mine are in thread keepers is because the kids will crash them lol

Get a nice acrylic display and hang them on the wall in your man cave.

I'll post my display cases this week to give you some ideas.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

Paul B (04-20-2016)

Drives
    '99 Brilliant Black Turbo
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 698 Posts
    I have found a lot more enjoyment with the hobby once I focused on what I wanted to collect and cut back on buying, displayed what I have (loose and carded), and cut my regular hunting trips down to once a day during my lunch hour. I realize it's rewarding to find things you want in the wild, but if your area is saturated with folks who have nothing else better to do than wait on the cases/bins, post what you're looking for in the HWs thread, you know people here will help! Also, getting into customizing these little cars provides a great amount of fun too. I see people making cars that I'd much rather have over the latest SuperTH or whatever and I definitely enjoy popping them open, swapping wheels, detailing interiors, etc.
    I've got a lot less horsepower - luckily they are Japanese horses - usually in better shape and more motivated.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RotorNutFD3S For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (04-19-2016),Paul B (04-20-2016),Phatmiata (04-19-2016)

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone wannafbody's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    I never really got into Hot Wheels that much, other than a few Classics and such. HW floods the market. I prefer the smaller brands like Johnny Lightning and M2. The diecast market really is kind of in an overall decline.