Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xidas Q&A

Drives
    30AE
    Thanks Given

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 949 Racing For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (06-17-2016),Phatmiata (01-09-2024)

Stalled - Fire it up!
    Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed
    Thanks Given
    Running MSM with full interior so it's a little heavy. After talking to Emilio I went with 800/500 springs, billet tophats and the big grip kit. Transformed the car. It's stiffer than stock at setting 6 on street but handles harsh impacts like potholes way better than the stock bilsteins. Much more confidence inspiring and the car has a much more solid/quality feel. I also run FM frame rails and adding them really lets the suspension do its job. Absolutely no regrets. The car sees autocross and a lot of street use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to drizzay222 For This Useful Post:

oldgrayleather (06-19-2016)

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts

Xidas Q&A

'92 here, I installed Xidas last month. 550#\350#, NB top hats. I switched to them from JIC FLT-A2 monotubes.

I use the car for daily and track. I have not tracked them yet, I am wrapping up an engine break-in. What I can tell you from my daily driving and a little aggressive mountain driving is the car feels far more elegant without the neurotic feel of the JICs. Firm, but compliant, never harsh. The level of grip is similar, but more communicative and eager. The JICs were bright, but more likely to punish a mistake.

Like others have said, road irregularities and potholes are absorbed, not allowed to beat you up. It's not a WRC dampened ride, but I feel more confident in the car than before. I had the JICs on the car for about 40k miles.

I should have a better account when I get to the track. I will attack curbing when I need to and it was always an exciting proposition with the JICs. They could be a bit Jeckyl & Hyde with their valving, so driving them hard could be a strong fight for control. Gladly, I haven't felt anything in the Xidas so far that would remotely feel that frenetic.

My wife actually enjoys riding in this car again, too. This car and the chassis is fairly heavily modified.
    Last edited by kung fu jesus; 06-18-2016 at 09:44 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (01-09-2024)

Drives
    30AE
    Thanks Given

Tecna & Xida questions

Post your Tecna and Xida coilover questions here and we'll do our best to answer them.
    Tecna for 90-05
    Xida - All years

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12