Thread: The 'I told you, you'd be back' build of Misfire, my NB2 w/ F1 inspiration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    04-11-20: Like most everyone else this "shelter in place" is making me think of new ways to stay busy and entertain myself. So yesterday I decided to take another look at using the custom carbon fiber NB gauge overlay Jacey aka darealricerocket made but I buggered up a bit.

After some checking I decided it was salvageable and most the imperfections wouldn't be noticeable. After a bit more grinding with a die grinder I decided it was as good as it was going to get.

On its own the imperfections are much more apparent but once it is on the cluster face with the Garage5 gauge rings(that I have had for over 2.5yrs!) and grommets they mostly disappear.

Unfortunately I don't yet have the Revlimiter lenses but that will just give me something to look forward to. Had to let the adhesive setup over night so that was as far as i could go last night.

This morning I got back to it and well will let the pictures do the talking.

I'm VERY happy with the results! One other custom piece that may have gone unnoticed it this...

A custom carbon fiber trip reset that I made. Basically just measured the oem trip reset and bought a bit bigger carbon fiber tube and some plastic cap inserts.

In time I will get the Revlimiter lenses and custom F1 Stage 2 gauges that are styled after the incredible McLaren F1, which is actually the cluster I took inspiration from.

Not going for a exact copy just picking up some of the major styling factors. Till then I will thoroughly enjoy the new cluster overlay!
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

Cermivelli (05-21-2020),lucmor444 (04-12-2020),MiataQuest (04-11-2020),oldgrayleather (05-21-2020),Paul B (04-13-2020),tsingson (04-12-2020)