Thread: Music City Miata Club Cars n Coffee Event

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone TNRooster3's Avatar
    Drives
    chaste White, 1996 R2-Limited Eunos Roadster
    Thanks Given

Music City Miata Club Cars n Coffee Event

Cars and Coffee Saturday May 6th, located at the Carmike Theater parking lot in Cool Springs, Franklin, TN.
    cars n Coffee 3-5-16 #3 MR post.jpg Drone shot of the crowd-3.jpg cARS NcOFFEE PIX-1.jpg

Anyone who is in the Middle Tenn. area and wants to come and show their MIATA is welcome to do so, just PM me here so I can hold you a spot. This is the notice we are sending out to our Music City Miata Club membership.

With the baseball season just starting up what better way to celebrate than with a double header?
    On May 6th we'll head all the way down to....um, Cool Springs. Yeah, that's right, Cool Springs Franklin, TN. We'll start the day at the Carmike Theater for the Cars and Coffee event. Cars and Coffee is a great opportunity to gather with similar minded car folk to look at and talk cars and browse the assortment of hot rods, classics, and who knows what. The first C&C event each month brings out the exotics: Ferrari's, Jags, DeLoreans, you name it. It's a great chance to reminisce about the cars of your youth, dream about that six-figure fantasy, or shine up your Miata and put it on display. At past C&C events, we have had well over 20 Miatas of all generations on display.

For the second half of our double header we will drive just about ten minutes or so up the road to visit our friends at Nelson Mazda for Tech Day. They have a great event planned for us immediately following Cars and Coffee, from 11:00 to 2:00. They'll have several 2016 and 2017 NDs on hand including the newest addition the MX-5 RF (retractable fastback) Hard Top - the latest generation Miata. So if you want to get up close and personal with one and really check it out, this is your chance. Play your cards right, they may even be willing to part with it. Their master techs will be on-hand to answer any questions that you may have about the your Miata or the ND...and these guys really know their stuff! There will also be vendors on-site including the FENDER BENDER who can do amazing work and make your car look new again, an INTERIORS / UPHOLSTERY repair and a WHEEL REPAIR vendor. Lunch will be provided courtesy of Nelson. Come join us for one or both stops of our double header. Spend the morning immersed in cars or just drop by Nelson to grab an ND brochure.

We'll start gathering around 8:00 for Cars and Coffee at the Carmike Theater (633 Frazier Dr, Franklin, TN 37067).
    If you prefer to skip C&C and go straight to Nelson Mazda (7104 S Springs Dr, Franklin, TN 37067), that's fine too; we'll see you there around 11:00.

Cars ‘n Coffee starts at 8AM but if you want to get there early, Ray starts setting up the tent at 6:30-7AM and any help will not be refused- LOL. We will need to tear down the booth at 10:30ish then head over to Nelson Mazda and we will take some back streets to avoid all the traffic leaving the C&C event.

Location: 633 Frazier Drive, Franklin which is the Carmike Thoroughbred 20 Theater parking lot closest to McDonald’s, our Club booth is by the hedge across from the McDonalds.

Refreshment opportunities: McDonald’s is a hundred yards from event or the Starbucks is across Cool Springs Blvd. (1/4 mile).

Housekeeping notes:
    Pick up your trash. Please leave the parking lot better than you found it or the gracious business owners will end this spontaneous gathering.
    Driving onto and exiting the parking lot – PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY AND RESPONSIBLY! Please enter the parking lot slowly, drive through the parking lot slowly and exit the parking lot slowly. Once you have left the parking lot and are on Frasier Drive, continue to drive appropriately. If you feel the “need for speed” and to “throttle up”, please at least wait till you are a mile away from the parking lot before you do anything. We do not want that activity to be associated with the Cars and Coffee event. There are POLICE present!
    NO BURNOUTS!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TNRooster3; 04-20-2017 at 09:59 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TNRooster3 For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (04-20-2017),tsingson (04-21-2017)

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Damn. This is a bit of a hike for me. Would be cool to see TN though. Let me see what I can swing at work.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tsingson For This Useful Post:

TNRooster3 (04-21-2017)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Hope you can swing it. Would be really cool to meet you in person. Just keep me posted if you can and I'll save ya a spot by the Rooster!
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    Damn. This is a bit of a hike for me. Would be cool to see TN though. Let me see what I can swing at work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TNRooster3 For This Useful Post:

tsingson (04-21-2017)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Gonna give this a bump so folks can see it, the event is next Saturday May 6th.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TNRooster3 For This Useful Post:

tsingson (05-05-2017)

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Just sent you a PM. Bit of a hike from Monteagle but I'd like to try and make it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twisties For This Useful Post:

MiataQuest (05-04-2017),TNRooster3 (04-30-2017)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Be glad to meet a fellow Miataphile, you are on the list and that's a Nice BRG.

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanks, doing some work on today, hopefully will get it sorted before the weekend. Keeping an eye on the weather.....

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Raining off and on today and Friday, but Saturday is supposed to be good - just a bit cool early in morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisties View Post
    Thanks, doing some work on today, hopefully will get it sorted before the weekend. Keeping an eye on the weather.....