Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The truth about Rota wheels

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    @Roadster7: lol, that doesn't change the facts. I read every link I provided and watched the videos and did my best to confirm the facts before hand.

@Freedomgli: Of course everyone's opinion is biased which is why I was tring my best just to lay out the facts and leave my personal opinions aside.

I don't believe I'm biased towards Rota, why would I be. I have never bought their wheels, don't recommend them on any amount of frequency(can't recall ever recommending them TBH), don't have any vested interest but I have/am considering a set of RB's.

I do however believe in free commerce and don't begrudge one for its success(if achieved legally/ethically). Many feel the same as you about large chain stores as they have caused many 'mom and pop' businesses to close.

As the saying goes 'there is nothing new under the sun' and that can/could apply to wheels. Most wheel companies have similar wheel designs and Rota doesn't hide the fact they have used other wheels for inspiration but they AREN'T trying to pass them off as something they are not or claiming all their designs are original.

I see no reason to continue this discussion as it seems to be getting no where. I apologize if any one was offended by the thread but I put a fair amount of effort in collecting and ensuring the information gathered was accurate.

I feel my original goal was achieved, education of myself and others. Thanks to everyone who appreciates my effort to help out the community as that was my ONLY intention.

P.S.- @BoBo: I actually found that same article a few hours before you and added to the original post.
    Last edited by Greasemonkey2000; 04-24-2018 at 06:59 PM.
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (04-24-2018)

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Roadster7's Avatar
    Drives
    '94 Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 402 Posts
    TL;DR: Rota rip off wheel designs from other companies and do it in a way that meets industry standards. Not literally fake wheels.

/thread

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    A little necro-bump...I just wanted to say how much I appreciate this forum and the people on it. Of the three Miata forums I post on I can honestly say that this forum "gets along" the best. This thread is a perfect example, while everyone expressed their opinion/viewpoints...no one "took it too far" but was respectful and kept it civil.

I truly think that is awesome, so thanks to everyone that shared in this discussion and posts on this forum and contributes to such a great environment!
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

Slampen (05-27-2019),tsingson (05-27-2019),Warhammer (05-27-2019)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    '92 black & Tan Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBo View Post
    Well, to me the Law comes first, especially if the subject is about material things. However, I respect your opinion.
    Ontologically speaking, ethics necessarily precedes civil law and provides the basis for the latter. We're that not the case, one would have no ethical duty to obey civil law, nor does civil law justify itself. Without ethics, civil powers would be acting without any legitimate authority and would instead be a form of tyranny... A bit off-topic, I realize, but personal preferences have no logical relevance when assessing the nature of ethics; it's not as if one can rationally prioritize ethics and civil law by way of subjective opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123