Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chris' R34 GTT Series 2

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    I love using Android Auto. I get jealous of the unit I put in my wife's/daughter's car that has it. It's awesome the features you can do with it while driving.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tsingson For This Useful Post:

hoodedreeper (03-03-2019)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! HMT's Avatar
    Drives
    '94 BRG 1.8
    Thanks Given
    This is one nice looking car, and a great driving machine as well. Nice job

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HMT For This Useful Post:

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    Loving this build and my fav skyline generation

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    Yet, I’m still preoccupied by the smoke grenade.

No todo que es oro brilla.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power hoodedreeper's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Not long after I purchased the car I used the Turtle Wax headlight restoration kit. Unfortunately it didnt last long before the lights became cloudy again. I got recommended by a friend of a mobile company who do them for a very reasonable price. So I got the car booked in and well....the photos speak for themselves!

Since the Nismo addiction started I've been on the hunt for an S-Tune boot spoiler. As you can imagine these are rare as rocking horse shit and near on impossible to find. I found a company in Australia who makes a copy but its no longer available.

I did find one on Yahoo Auctions, but it came complete with the spoiler blade and the price landed was £800+*f'k

I happened to see a post on the Skyline Owners Forum facebook page about someone's own design for some spoiler legs. Messages were sent back and forth for a lil while and I made a purchase.

His friend was developing some covers but there would be a delay due to finishing the mould, getting orders etc. I went with the Carbon Fibre option, who doesn't like carbon?!

These took approx 4 months and they landed on my door today (12th April). The delay was due to the raw and painted versions being made and delivered first before the carbon versions got put into production.

Fitting was quite straight forward as its all been moulded to the underneath of the OEM spoiler,so it fits like a glove. The spoiler bases have adjustment so you can put it where you like (within reason)

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (04-13-2019),HarryB (04-12-2019),MiataQuest (04-14-2019),RotorNutFD3S (06-03-2019),RustRat (04-17-2019)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Hanami is one of THE most beautiful things on this planet, and I'm extremely envious and jealous of the Japanese and this beautiful season. With my social media exploding with various images of this iconic scenery, I knew I had to try and replicate it as best as i could.

In the UK its a relatively small window when the blossom is in full bloom and how long it lasts for (also adding a lack of spare time to get such photos) makes a good challenge. I spent a couple of weeks driving round the city trying to find the perfect backdrop, this was harder than I thought.

I finally found somewhere good enough and I did my best with what I had

I've been going to a car show called Modified Nationals for the past 11 years. This year it moved date and location which ended up being scorching hot and a far better surrounding, win win!

Myself and a couple of others have started our own Cars & Coffee meets and today (28th April) was the first meet of the year. The weather just about stayed dry for the majority of the morning, I was met with a couple of more R34s

Seeing this V-Spec 2 Nur roll in made me go complete fan boy. You just dont get to see this car out in the 'wild' very often.

The full album can be seen here > https://www.flickr.com/photos/939235...57708154531655

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (04-28-2019),HarryB (04-28-2019),MiataQuest (04-28-2019),RotorNutFD3S (05-06-2019),tsingson (04-28-2019)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    I've been looking at replacement seats for a couple of months but have always been undecided on which ones. Last week we took a visit to GSM Performance to consult with the sales team on various seats and to try them.

Being a 'bigger build' comfort was top priority, and trying the seats out before commiting was a major advantage. It was a tough decision as there were so many nice seats,but in the end I went for the Recaro.

I managed to source some R34 GTR Bride rails that had been modified to fit the GTT. Upon ftting I noticed the Recaro seat mounts were alot wider than the rail. Several hours of swearing later, I had some brackets made up and everything bolted together.

I'm unsure if the GTR seat rail is different height wise, but the seats do slope down which has changed the driving position abit

One feature I really like is the reclining lever that's neatly camouflaged into the harness cut outs.

The suede centres make the seats pop alot more than the all leather equivalent

Its abit snug inside, the side bolster does currently touch the doorcard. I'm hoping I can modify the mounts I made to bring it over abit.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

RotorNutFD3S (06-03-2019),tsingson (05-29-2019)

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Those seats look awesome! And the recliner lever is neat.

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    After 24hrs the seats had marked the doorcards quite badly, so I had to sort them out ASAP. I removed the doorcard to have a look, hoping I could modify and retrim the arm rest. But upon a closer look the whole door card would need re-doing and I didn't really fancy all that work. So I adapted the rail mounts instead.

I started with the driver side by drilling another hole next to the first one, the seat was still hard pushed against the doorcard. To explain it briefly it required alot more moving over than I first thought. The bracket on the rails was fouling the bottom of the seat so those had to be cut off. The belt buckles were too short to be bolted to the rear inner rail mounting hole so additional brackets had to be made. Then it was a headache trying to hold the seat up to get said bolts in while holding the seat up to line it all up while making sure the belt buckle didnt fall down.

*sigh*

But I finally got it all sorted and theres still room between the seat and the centre console.

With the seats in I have to admit it was abit of a struggle getting out without brushing against the steering wheel. I decided to go with a quick release steering wheel, but it had to be a slim version. A friend had a Vac Motorsport race quick release for sale which would do the job nicely. The centre of the quick release boss looked too small for a horn button, so he included some Fast and Furious-esque NOS buttons to use as horn buttons.

The Nardi deep corn wheel has served me well in pretty much all of my cars, but it was time for it to retire in favour of a smaller, more modern equivalent. I decided on the Sparco L360 in leather, mainly for its 330mm size and it's flat bottom.

Of course,this wasn't going to be an easy job, not with my current luck lol

I wanted to mount the horn bracket inbetween the HKB boss and the first half of the quick release. This was to make the wiring neater and hidden. The first half uses a Nardi bolt pattern (whats the problem with that you ask?)

Well...the horn button bracket uses a Momo bolt pattern. Even redrilling the bracket would make it lean over to one side and not be central. So the only way was to mount it between the second half and the steering wheel. Luckily theres a gap between the two brackets, the wires were heat shrunk and taped to neaten it all up.

Once it was all mounted together, I lined up the supplied horn button from Sparco and it fits :/ Just my luck lol

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

fwdtamiya (06-18-2019),HarryB (06-10-2019),RotorNutFD3S (06-11-2019)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Today marks 1 year since I purchased the car, time flies when you're having fun 'ey! I've made some before and after photos

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

fwdtamiya (06-18-2019),Greasemonkey2000 (07-28-2019),RotorNutFD3S (06-19-2019)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Some photos from the same mini shootshoot

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (03-05-2020),fwdtamiya (06-18-2019),Greasemonkey2000 (07-28-2019),HarryB (06-17-2019),MaRcOp01o (06-17-2019)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    In the future I plan on getting the interior trims skinned in Carbon Fibre. I've decided to paint them instead for the time being. I wanted something subtle but eye catching if seen in the right light.

White would have been too much and so would Red, so I decided to go Black, but which one? Working in a Motor Factors it was a bonus to have a rack full of aerosols, along with being able to mix paint if need be.

Ford Panther black has always been a favourite,so it was an easy decision

I really need to sort out the lower dash trim to get rid of all of the scratches from the stereo. I can get a brand new one from RHD Japan for £130 + shipping + import, but its not an urgency just yet

While I had everything out I replaced the cig lighter bulb for an amber version. This now matches my ignition barrel light (photo further up)

This was also the perfect opportunity to swap the bulbs in the climate control for a better quality LED. After several recommendations these were purchased from an eBay seller in Australia

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (03-05-2020),HarryB (06-18-2019),MiataQuest (06-17-2019)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Looking good Chris; not that we expected otherwise. The seats look like they belong there, like they could have been an OEM option if they were around at the time.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to HarryB For This Useful Post:

hoodedreeper (06-18-2019)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    June is Prom month for alot of students, I was thankful to be asked to do a couple (only have photos of the first one). It was great to help out fellow Skyline lovers, hopefully see them on here in a few more years time lol

Me and Lu took a drive out for a bite to eat, ended up doing a 100 mile coastal drive around Norfolk, oops! Managed to stop at a couple of places for a snap

Every year Myself and a group of friends organise a charity car meet raising money for The Big C Charity and East Anglia Air Ambulance. On the night we raised £1300 and we still have a raffle going for another week or so. Here's a photo from the night

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (07-28-2019),HarryB (07-28-2019),tsingson (07-28-2019)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    I've been looking for a rear tow hook for awhile but couldn't find one I liked, so I made one

Using the original one as a template, I extended it so it would be visible underneath the bumper

The original is a 2 skin pressed piece with a bracket on the side. Mine is made from 6mm steel sheet, I understand its not as strong but I don't intend on using it for towing, its purely for aesthetics

We've recently had some thunderstorms (doesn't happen all that often) I was lucky enough to grab this photo while out at a car meet

Which kinda brings me onto my next update, this weekend just gone at Silverstone Classic. I went along with the GTR Drivers Club, it chucked it down with rain most of the weekend but it was still a great weekend. Nissan UK and Nissan JPN supplied the hospitality along with loaning us a 2020 Nismo Model along with their GT-R50 prototype. Seeing photos of this online I didn't like it, but its not quite as bad in person lol

Next stop.....JAE in 2 weeks time

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (07-28-2019),HarryB (07-28-2019),tsingson (07-28-2019)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast