Lovely Mazdaspeed parts!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to revlimiter For This Useful Post:

sammjoey (01-09-2020)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! sammjoey's Avatar
    Drives
    True Red 2006 NC1
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by MaRcOp01o View Post
    Well that is pretty bad ass man! I am sure it felt so good to have those fresh parts in your hands. At where I work we helped with the safety gear for the new MX5 ND Cup Car and they sent me the whole PowerPoint of all the part numbers for the Spec MX5 class. I nerded out big time. So for any of you ND guys that want a Mazdaspeed Catback I am your guy.
    It does feel pretty good knowing they're NoS! That's pretty cool! I managed to find the PowerPoints for the NC cup cars as I was chasing up the part numbers on all of this kit, some real interesting parts I might try and track down! For now, I just need a tune and I think I can get close to 200hp.
    NC1 Sport, BC Racing Coilovers, RE Amemiya AW7 Wheels.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sammjoey For This Useful Post:

MaRcOp01o (01-09-2020)

Drives
    True Red 2006 NC1
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by revlimiter View Post
    Yup. I miss my NC.

Lovely Mazdaspeed parts!!
    Was that project storm trooper? I remember using your guide to tint the tail lights.

Hopefully the first of many Mazdaspeed parts to come!
    Must I add I've still kept the protective film on the MS intake, I figured if it's still on there it belongs on there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sammjoey For This Useful Post:

MaRcOp01o (01-09-2020)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Wow those MS parts are pretty cool and NOS!
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

sammjoey (01-12-2020)

Drives
    Classic Red '91
    Thanks Given
    Woooa! Love the re-amemiya wheels on it! Only other as good is desmond regamaster.

Love that blue NA with jubiride front and fenders, any where to see more of it?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vegard For This Useful Post:

sammjoey (01-16-2020)

Drives
    True Red 2006 NC1
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    Woooa! Love the re-amemiya wheels on it! Only other as good is desmond regamaster.

Love that blue NA with jubiride front and fenders, any where to see more of it?
    Thanks! I do wish to own a set of Rega's to go along side them one day.

Ian's Jubiride car can be found here on his Instagram: @ian_jayy

Drives
    True Red 2006 NC1
    Thanks Given
    Hi guys, it's been a long time, I changed jobs again and have been busy getting settled in there. A few more months have gone by and now with all this time on my hands due to the UK being in lockdown, I figured why not update this again.

So at the beginning of this year my buddy Ant went to visit my other friend Tom who had moved to Japan (the dude with the 3G Civic that I took his Broadway mirror from), well they went to Tokyo Auto Salon and picked me up a little something from someones booth, but there is a bonus to it.

A RE Amemiya Horn Button signed by Isami Amemiya, the founder/owner of RE Amemiya. Initial they asked the person on the booth if they had any red buttons to match my car, the booth guy said to them "hold on, I can get Isami to sign it". Words cannot describe how happy I am that they got this for me (and this was all a surprise, I didn't ask for it).

All fitted up, I love this thing.

For valentines day my girlfriend got me a little surprise.

Idk if this was a good idea or not given my tenancy to break lips, but it's still nice of her.

I'll add more to this tomorrow.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sammjoey For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (04-06-2020),MiataQuest (04-05-2020),tsingson (04-10-2020)

Drives
    True Red 2006 NC1
    Thanks Given
    Hey guys, wow I said I'd add more tomorrow? A month ago!
    Well I guess this crazy situation got in front of me and completely forgot, and wasn't until I came back to look around for some more inspiration I remembered to actually post that update.

Well, a couple of my friends had men saying, well pressuring me to colour match the new lip and side skirts. Something i had gone back and forth about a lot in the past even with the first lip, but after remembering a friend of mine in Japan had done it with his True Red NC, it did inspire me with some confidence to do it.
    So here we go!

Lip scuffed up ready for paint and I had also sanded out the horrible moulding marks on the corners, these really aren't the greatest quality of lips. Makes me miss the NoPro lip more....*sigh*

Primed

Painted Lip complete

Front Lip and Skirts painted

A quick check and test fit, well I must say. I'm more than pleased with the colour match, especially for rattle cans.

And here we are all complete!

I honestly feel so glad my friends kept pushing me to colour match the lip and skirts, this easily changes the complete feel of the car and looks so much better than before!

Anyway, stay safe and enjoy some more images.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sammjoey For This Useful Post:

CollinMB (05-11-2020),Martin (05-10-2020),MiataQuest (05-10-2020),Roadster7 (05-11-2020),tsingson (05-10-2020)

Drives
    True Red 2006 NC1
    Thanks Given
    After spending the last few days reading through a bunch of threads on here trying to regain some much needed inspiration, I've decided I think I should add more to this thread if it's possible to be allowed to? I'd like to start showing a few bits of what I'm working on with the '85 323 daily project and show off some of my shots from shows/clubs/etc. I know I'm already in the minority (possibly the only one posting NC content on here?), so I'd like to add a bit more for everyone to enjoy.

So I'll start with just the simple big service that the 323 needed...badly, as it had started to play up slightly on that last long trip we took in it before the lockdown. It started to judder at around 50-55mph.

Well, I think that probably answers the juddering.

Replaced the leads too as there was some corrosion on the distributor ends of some of the wires, and did have a bit of a tidy up in the engine bay. It baffles me that whoever did this before me didn't even bother to use the cable comb or attempt to cable tie the leads together, but anyway...before I ramble...

With the time on our hands the 323 got a much needed clean inside and out and I also remembered to put the 350mm Raid Wheel back in the car.

The next job was chasing down the trunk leak on the NC. I had recently reapplied silicone around the rear lights but with no prevail.
    So the next thing I could imagine it being would be the third brake light...

After removing it and finding the foam to be all crusty and dried out, I could only imagine that this was how water has been seeping in.

And following some extremely over the top masking before applying some silicone, I think we have put a stop to the leak (not that I've really had the chance to find out, remarkably the weather has been pretty good in the UK lately).

Looking back in the engine bay I still can't get over the MS intake. Should I ever remove the protective plastic that's starting to flake off?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sammjoey For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (05-21-2020),Roadster7 (05-11-2020)

Drives
    True Red 2006 NC1
    Thanks Given
    So the next update is mostly going to be well...Wheel-centric?
    I was planning on just simply repolishing my RE Amemiya wheels as well they'd suffered from some neglect on my behalf. Admittedly they were only 90% perfect when I got them, but that never really bothered me, even leaving them on the car in the winter didn't bother me because in my mind I was always set on sending them off to be repolished professionally and have the barrels painted black (honestly at this point I'm sick of the white barrels).
    But with this lockdown, furlough and social distancing I'm only physically going to work 2 days a week and mostly working from home so I thought I'd tackle some of the refurbishing myself. After-all I've been polishing some of my bike parts up anyway, so why not attempt the wheels as I have also done it in the past with the SSR Mesh's.

So the refinishing was a 'ghetto' attempt nonetheless. I took the 40 split bolts out of the wheel, masked off the face and then placed the wheel on the back of the car, put it in second gear and began to sand away at the lip. Working from 240 grit up to 2500 and then polishing with a series of compounds by mop and hand. I was somewhat pleased with the results, I'd say I had made them back to their 90% state they were in when I got them so I could

However, the very next morning when I came back out to the NC to check on the wheel. I was horrified to find that the wheel had leaked all the air out!

Now dealing with trying to pick up a very low NC off the floor with 2 flat tyres (the front on that side had also gone flat, split wheels are great right?).
    I figured that well, my 'ghetto' attempt had come back to bite me, and with the split bolts out of the wheel, the silicone seal on it had flexed under the pressure of polishing and sanding resulting in the leaking. Thankfully at this point I have only done one wheel in such the fashion.
    Which really puts me back into square one as I wouldn't simply want to just slap some more silicone around them. If I'm going to do be re-sealing them then I'm going to do it right!
    So I dropped the wheels at a friends garage and had the tyres taken off.
    And I've now began to split the wheels down into the three pieces and painstakingly attempting to remove the old silicone. Honestly whoever had sealed these before me has possibly used a tube on tiger seal on each wheel, yet you could easily do a set with half to three-quarters of one tube! I type this with aching arms and shoulders from the pealing and scrubbing, 1 wheel down, 3 to go.
    But with all this effort what is the next move?
    Well a close friend of mine reached out to me when I was starting the refurb offering to do it for me as he's bored during the lockdown and wants some work to do. Now I've seen the multiple sets of wheels he's refinished over the years and I'd feel more than happy to give him my wheels to sort out for me. After some talk we've arranged to re-polish the lips, paint the barrels black and then rebuild and seal the wheels. Providing I do the beautiful task of removing all this old silicone sealant from the wheels.

The only other thing to update on would be a nice set of new lug nuts.

These are probably not something to everyones taste, but I have always liked the 326 Power brand and the cars that Haraguchi has produced. Admittedly I really wanted a set of the burnt orange colour. But one day these came up on YAJ for a very good price with 0 bids so I felt like I couldn't refuse, also being the StanceNation edition felt like a slight added bonus.

Anyway that's it for now, maybe I'll update tomorrow with some photos from the last year or events and photoshoots I have done?

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sammjoey For This Useful Post:

atlex (05-12-2020),HarryB (05-12-2020),Roadster7 (05-11-2020)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Have been re-sealing 3-piece wheels weekly in the past (FSAE team). The easiest way to deal with that is to use rubber gaksets between the halves. Silicone is better, but a pain in the butt. You can try a wire brush attachment to get the most out, followed by a gasket remover spray can if you want to make a quick(er) job.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to HarryB For This Useful Post:

sammjoey (05-12-2020)

Drives
    True Red 2006 NC1
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
    Have been re-sealing 3-piece wheels weekly in the past (FSAE team). The easiest way to deal with that is to use rubber gaksets between the halves. Silicone is better, but a pain in the butt. You can try a wire brush attachment to get the most out, followed by a gasket remover spray can if you want to make a quick(er) job.
    Thanks! I am waiting on some wire brush attachments anyway for an unrelated project so I sure hope they come today as I've been using a razor blade and wirewool!

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power atlex's Avatar
    Drives
    blue, white and two-tone
    Thanks Given
    More exterior shots of your 323 pls :-)

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atlex For This Useful Post:

MaRcOp01o (05-12-2020),sammjoey (05-12-2020)

Drives
    True Red 2006 NC1
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by atlex View Post
    More exterior shots of your 323 pls :-)
    I'll dig through my phone to get some more for you! But remember, this is a NC thread ;)

Drives
    True Red 2006 NC1
    Thanks Given
    As you requested, here are some more shots of the 323!

And to keep it relevant, here's the pair of them!

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sammjoey For This Useful Post:

benpopham (05-14-2020),MaRcOp01o (05-13-2020),Roadster7 (05-14-2020),tsingson (05-12-2020)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast