Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Posting images

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Slampen's Avatar
    Drives
    '95 BRG 1.8
    Thanks Given

Posting images

Hi.

Sorry if it's supported already, but I want "as a user to sit on my pc and copy and paste pictures into my post".

I'm spoiled with other more modern UI's, so when I started writing a post and could not paste or drag and drop pictures into the post I cancelled the post and wrote this instead.
    Seriously I post a lot less on the boards where posting images demands extra effort and I think there is a lot that never writes on boards because they never had and find it ridiculous amount of effort to write a post.

Even the old phpBB on my local Mx5 club has support for drag & dropping pictures.

I would love that my favourite forum moved to Discourse, but realistic I would like the feature to be implemented on the current platform.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Slampen For This Useful Post:

MaRcOp01o (10-23-2019)

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    Slampen,

Thank you for the feedback. I’m sorry you decided to not post your story due to the lack of drag-and-drop. I agree that sounds like a cool feature and I’ll check into a plug-in that works with vBulletin. Personally, I’ve never used a feature like that as it has always been easy for me to just attach one or multiple photos at once. I use mostly an iPhone and iPad so I don’t have a split view where I can drag a photo from one window into another. I turn my iMac computer on maybe once per month anymore but that’s just me.

People have typically posted a link from their photo hosting site but ever since Photobucket really screwed everyone, we’re seeing an increase in direct attachments here so I see some merit in your suggestion. I’d also like to upload animated gifs in the future.

I know there are some nice forum packages out there like Xenforo and Discourse but we’re built on vBulletin which has been a standard for quite awhile. It is very familiar to myself and others here maintaining it so a jump to a new software we’re unfamiliar with would be quite a disruption. I’m not even sure of the feasibility of importing all our existing posts and structure over. And since Discourse would cost us $300 per month, I don’t see it being economical for our use.

Thanks again for your feedback.

No todo que es oro brilla.

Drives
    '95 BRG 1.8
    Thanks Given
    Thanks for the nice response on the feedback

Guess you could have made it cheaper than 300 if you set up and maintained the infrastructure by yourself.

I was dreaming about Discourse, but hoping for a plug-in.
    If you don't find a plug-in for drag & drop pictures, maybe it's a sign that the platform are dying.

Edit/rant:
    I'm pretty sure hanging with an "old standard" that lacks all of the features modern plattform limits number of posts on the forums around. If I grew up with Facebook/Messenger making a post on these old plattform would be a big obstacle.
    I know I would post a lot more on a forum with Discourse than vBulleting and phpBB.
    Just ignore...dont know why I bother.

\\Stian
    Last edited by Slampen; 07-09-2019 at 12:19 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Slampen For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (07-09-2019)

Drives
    '02 Laser Blue Mica
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,395 Posts
    To be fair, I haven't really seen any of the newer social platforms to be really any better. Much like things at work, you either get stuck with the unsupported old stuff or the crappy new stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by DazedAndConfused
    I dont know a word you just said, but that **** sounded COOL.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! MaRcOp01o's Avatar
    Drives
    93 EUNOS and 93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 567 Posts
    In Slampens defense the system isn't even allowing me to post pics. and I have 2 threads of mine I would like to update.
    Follow the Builds
    1993 Eunos Roadster B-spec by Mazdaspeed
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....819#post222819
    1993 Mazda Miata LE
    https://mazdaroadster.net/showthread...233#post244233

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MaRcOp01o For This Useful Post:

Slampen (10-23-2019)

Drives
    '02 Laser Blue Mica
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by MaRcOp01o View Post
    In Slampens defense the system isn't even allowing me to post pics. and I have 2 threads of mine I would like to update.
    Something seems to be up with the editor. It doesn't allow for HTML (which is why you can't put in spaces between lines). None of the tags seem to have buttons (though you can use the img tags to post pictures if you can link them externally). I've never uploaded images so I can't say about that.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power mazdarati1's Avatar
    Drives
    With a blinker on
    Thanks Given

Posting???

I've stopped posting because the basic up-loader is gone. And I've noticed some of my recent posts the images are no longer visible.
    Hope things are better soon, I really dig this site.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power atlex's Avatar
    Drives
    blue, white and two-tone
    Thanks Given
    If you need one I operate one for (another roadster forum) but it's all open and unrestricted. pls no peepee pix tho.

https://images.mighty5s.com/

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Roadster7's Avatar
    Drives
    '94 Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 402 Posts
    This is the only forum that I visit that hasn't *completely* gone to shit. With that said, it's getting there. Avatars don't work on /content.php and the latest posts section on /forum.php also never loads. See screenshots below:

https://i.imgur.com/wFNoN2U.png
    https://i.imgur.com/pc8p0fW.png

Others have outlined the image attachment and editor problems. Worst timing for these issues, considering the recent changes to CR.

Oh and authentication is also kind of broken. I appear to be logged out every time I revisit the page. A refresh "fixes" the issue, so it seems to authenticate on it's own at some point.

If it doesn't get fixed and/or updated, you can count on this forum meeting the same fate as the others.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Roadster7 For This Useful Post:

MikeA (10-26-2019)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,396 Times in 850 Posts
    Anyone else having trouble adding photos through the edit feature? I'd like to be able to add extra photos to my sale threads, but the manage uploads box does not open. Even replying in the for sale threads will not allow me to add photos. Is this something that could be looked into?

Drives
    '02 Laser Blue Mica
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadster7 View Post
    Oh and authentication is also kind of broken. I appear to be logged out every time I revisit the page. A refresh "fixes" the issue, so it seems to authenticate on it's own at some point.
    That one is because you can access the site at http:// OR https://mazdaroadster.net If you forget to put in the https://, you'll find you have to log in (at which point, you'll end up at the secured site).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (10-24-2019)

Drives
    '94 Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    That one is because you can access the site at http:// OR https://mazdaroadster.net If you forget to put in the https://, you'll find you have to log in (at which point, you'll end up at the secured site).
    Yeah no, it makes no difference.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Roadster7 For This Useful Post:

MikeA (10-26-2019)

Drives
    '94 Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon I Am View Post
    Anyone else having trouble adding photos through the edit feature? I'd like to be able to add extra photos to my sale threads, but the manage uploads box does not open. Even replying in the for sale threads will not allow me to add photos. Is this something that could be looked into?
    That's literally what this thread is about

Drives
    '95 BRG 1.8
    Thanks Given
    To be fair, I haven't really seen any of the newer social platforms to be really any better.
    Have had any experience with Discourse?

Much like things at work, you either get stuck with the unsupported old stuff or the crappy new stuff.
    Are we getting old and grumpy? ;)

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    Guys this is older software and Vbulletin is no longer being supported with techs and updates so we are having to do a LOT more custom work on here to make certain features work. I am debating on using the newer Vb5 however it is also no longer supported. If we upgrade we will likely loose a lot of features, so caught between a rock and a hard place as they say.

You can always use the "img" tags to post pictures and can link them externally via imgur, Flickr, etc, ive been hosting 98% of my pics on Flickr for the past 15 years, its actually better since I can always find my pics when I need them vs uploading a photo to a forum and forgetting where you placed it. Sure its not as "fast/easy" because you have to use a desktop vs your cell phone but again Vbulletin software developers are AWOL so doing the best we can here. Also doing our best to keep this place simple and ad free for you guys vs the other forums with google ads, and spam farmers, and email harvesters, and other shady ways they sell your info.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

HarryB (10-24-2019),MaRcOp01o (10-24-2019),MikeA (10-26-2019),Roadster7 (10-24-2019)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast