Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nova

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Cxmoney's Avatar
    Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by CollinMB View Post
    I'd say if you go quilted door panels, either do the seat centers plain or something contrasting.
    I’ve considered plain seats.... but idk about that either. Really loved the quilted ones I had done before. I think I’m starting to lean towards something plain or contrasting for the panels though. Quilted panels with everything else might be just too much and over doing it. But then that leads me to think “what do it do with the panels that will look great and not out of place?”

Quote Originally Posted by Greasemonkey2000 View Post
    I personally think it would look good either way.
    I think so as well. Even if it’s too much quilted interior. It would still look good. But idk. Just don’t want to overdo it. While yes it would look good, I don’t want it to be overwhelming. The panels might trek into that territory if I keep everything else as well. Oh and i forgot to mention that I’ll also have the quilted hardtop headliner as well. So yeah might be a bit too much...
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    The red is sexy as hell. Would hate to be walking around the car admiring the interior only to see a tan dash. Kinda like seeing a hot chick and finding a dick in the middle.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    Quilt all the things !!!! J/K just do what YOU like and dont worry about what others think, your last car was amazing and helped inspire me to do more to my interior and try out new ideas, keep pushing the envelope brother, you are good at it!! I swap parts all the time until I get the right mix of parts, I like to change stuff up a lot though, im fickle like that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

HarryB (11-05-2019)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts
    What Randy said; do what YOU like! I really like square perforated or basket-weave as alternatives. However, I would not get overboard with patterns as it would maybe look too busy.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift JamieH's Avatar
    Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,021 Times in 1,162 Posts
    In that picture, imagine the parcel shelf quilt trim removed and the doors added.

I think that would work very well. As it was, the doors are fine, but look to be lacking, naked if you will. Also, the flow from the upper door panel to the parcel quilting is an abrupt change.

I don't think quilting on the door panel upper would... quite look right. Yet, the rear bulkhead and parcel shelf could, just without that beltline trim.

Those Lotus seats' quilting, at least in that pic from that angle, seem to line up fairly closely to line drawn by the point the door uppers meet the main panel.

So you end up with a sort of waterline for where quilting pattern ends.

Visual. Please excuse the crudeness.

And the more I look at it, I wonder if parcel shelf quilting would look too heavy. That is a large, flat section to fill with quilt.

I'm thinking if it was me, I'd keep the quilt ahead of the rear bulkhead (no bulkhead quilt) and no higher than the upper door panel beltline. That is if quitling in the seats.

If not, but just panels, regardless of direction.... hmm. Well here's two thoughts on that. Keep the quilting near the floor, so trans tunnels and side steps. Or, go near full quilt, trans, side step, rear bulkhead, parcel shelf, & door panels. But still no rear beltline piece.

I think both would flow well and properly and would have a balanced visual weight.

Regardless of what you do, I have no doubt quality parts will be used and the end result will be nice.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamieH For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (11-05-2019),MaRcOp01o (11-05-2019)

Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thank you for the suggestions!

After pondering it a bit and looking around the past few days for some inspiration, I think I have found some inspiration in a formerly well known build(might still be well known, but hasn’t had any updates in years) that’ll allow me to come up with happy medium. However it’ll require my panels to be taken to my upholstery guy instead of ordering them from nakamae like originally planned. I’ve got my new nakamae stuff on order, just have to wait for them to arrive before I am able to take my seats and panels to the upholstery shop as I want to try and get him to find the same exact stitching color to use on the seats and door panels so it all matches throughout the car.

It’s a slow and steady build.... but I hope the end result will be worth it!
    The red is sexy as hell. Would hate to be walking around the car admiring the interior only to see a tan dash. Kinda like seeing a hot chick and finding a dick in the middle.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cxmoney For This Useful Post:

HarryB (11-05-2019),MaRcOp01o (11-05-2019)

Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    In other news... bad news.... cost to widen and upsize the sharks from 14” to 15” is more than double! I guess they will have to make completely custom barrels for me to take them up to 15”.

So unfortunately since I’ve already spent a fortune on the wheels, I’ll just have to keep them at 14”. But I am going to follow in oldgrayleathers footsteps and go for a 14x8.5 -8 setup and run R888 225/50 rear and 205/55 front. Should be a whole lotta tire and grip... or at least I am hoping so.

I also think I have decided on a final color to paint the car when that time comes. And that color seems like it’s going to be a Ford Stealth Gray as shown on this Focus RS
    04AAA02A-5CDA-4CA6-9B33-DC9B233B851C.jpg
    Last edited by Cxmoney; 11-05-2019 at 09:19 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cxmoney For This Useful Post:

oldgrayleather (11-05-2019)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cxmoney View Post
    In other news... bad news.... cost to widen and upsize the sharks from 14” to 15” is more than double! I guess they will have to make completely custom barrels for me to take them up to 15”.

So unfortunately since I’ve already spent a fortune on the wheels, I’ll just have to keep them at 14”. But I am going to follow in oldgrayleathers footsteps and go for a 14x8.5 -8 setup and run R888 225/50 rear and 205/55 front. Should be a whole lotta tire and grip... or at least I am hoping so.

I have also think I’ve decided on a final color to paint the car when that time comes. And that color seems like it’s going to be a Ford Stealth Gray as shown on this Focus RS
    04AAA02A-5CDA-4CA6-9B33-DC9B233B851C.jpg
    You know there was a lot of internal debating on specs for the Sharks but I haven't once regretted that decision!! Some say the R888's are too loud and for sure 14's tire options are limited but so happy with the results.

Yet another Cxmoney build.. so glad you're back in the NA game and really excited to see Nova in Stealth Gray!!!!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    Miata Classic Red 1997 w/Tan interior
    Thanks Given
    I'm not a fan of the quilted interior, but having said that, I'm with Phat, it's your car you have to put into it what really turns you on. When you sit in that car, it should really be enjoyable and if someone else doesn't like it, that's OK they don't have to. It's about what turns your crank, not their's. When I get mine done i'm sure there will be people that will not like it and what they think is none of my business!!!

Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgrayleather View Post
    You know there was a lot of internal debating on specs for the Sharks but I haven't once regretted that decision!! Some say the R888's are too loud and for sure 14's tire options are limited but so happy with the results.

Yet another Cxmoney build.. so glad you're back in the NA game and really excited to see Nova in Stealth Gray!!!!
    Yes sir, another build coming! Haha. Slowly, but surely. I don’t have as much free time as I used to, so it is a lot slower than usual. My garage is full of parts and household renovation things while I am slowly cleaning up and trying to fix up my house to sell next summer. But once I get the floors redone and the bathroom vanities out of the garage I should have room to put Nova in there. Once I can do that, I’ll feel better about putting on all the parts I have!

As for wheels, I’m glad you said that! A lot of people questioning the sizing and tire options had me a little worried, but I love your setup and how it looks which is why I’ve decided to mimick the sizing. But the difference is mine will be black instead of the gold. But looking over your build and whatnot I’ve never seen you complain about them so that just makes me feel even better about running the same setup. Honestly I don’t care too much about the tires being loud, because the car will eventually be louder

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch gokartn's Avatar
    Drives
    90 Red
    Thanks Given
    It's awesome to see your building another NA! Pandora and Kirin were huge motivators for me to get a 93LE. Ironically my last car was a white NA.

I'm looking forward to seeing how your build turns out, and even more so looking forward to seeing your Sharks all nice and refinished!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by gokartn View Post
    It's awesome to see your building another NA! Pandora and Kirin were huge motivators for me to get a 93LE. Ironically my last car was a white NA.

I'm looking forward to seeing how your build turns out, and even more so looking forward to seeing your Sharks all nice and refinished!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Haha thank you! As for the sharks, I just shipped them out earlier today to get them refinished and widened! So hopefully we will see how they turn out by the end of the month.... but the holidays might delay it a bit. But I am really hoping everything works out well and they turn out amazing!

Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    Wheels almost finished....

92EBA6A5-7164-4270-A8AC-3EE1C91A008F.jpg

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cxmoney For This Useful Post:

Cermivelli (12-21-2019),CollinMB (12-18-2019),Greasemonkey2000 (12-18-2019),HarryB (12-18-2019),JamieH (12-19-2019),MLambert19 (12-18-2019),oldgrayleather (12-18-2019),Roadster7 (12-18-2019),tsingson (12-18-2019)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Those are spectacular!!! What are the specs now? Looks like a staggered setup....
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasemonkey2000 View Post
    Those are spectacular!!! What are the specs now? Looks like a staggered setup....
    Thank you! As for specs, I really loved the look of oldgrayleathers specs so unfortunately they should be the same as his wheels because I’m a copycat. 14x8.5 -8

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cxmoney For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (12-18-2019),oldgrayleather (12-19-2019),tsingson (12-18-2019)

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast