Thread: How would you rank the JDM Limited Editions?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    FM2 Turbo Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,183 Times in 472 Posts

How would you rank the JDM Limited Editions?

How would you rank the MK1 JDM Limited Editions? For me personally they are the best as not just in most occasions an exterior or interior trim change. There were some as you see below but many also had light-weight wheels, performance or handling upgrades, etc. that make them that bit more special for me.

My list goes something like this:

• Mazdaspeed C-Spec. Never seen one for sale. Alleged 30 made according to internet info.
    • M2-1001: Wish I had bought one when I could. 300 made.
    • M2-1028: Another M2 Car, still quite track orientated, later 1.8 engine. 300 made.
    • M2-1002: whilst the M2-1001 was the Clubman, the M2-1002 with its luxury interior was more the gentleman tourer 100 made.
    • Tokyo Edition: Not so much a factory car but sold through dealers in Japan using parts. In from M2. Available in manual or auto. Black with a cream leather interior. 40 made.
    • Chaste White R-Limited: Maybe a little controversial choice but a great colour combination and as a R-Limited the underpinnings of the RS-Limited. 106 made.
    • RS-Limited: Apart from the M2-1001 maybe the best out the factory track oriented roadster. Has to have Carbon Recaros to be number 7 for me. 500 made.
    • Mica Satellite Blue R-Limited: Same underpinnings of the RS Limited, the exterior paint with red interior looks great. 894 made. Has for a long-time been my favourite JDM limited edition.
    • S-Limited: Produced in 1993. Essentially a S-Special but with a red interior and Gold BBS wheels. 1000 made. Great colour combination.
    • VR-Limited: Available in 1996. Combination A was in Merlot colour with tan interior and the Combination B green with a black interior. 800 of each made. Great exterior colours. Later engine. Downside is Mazda had start to let the bean counters get involved.
    • J-Limited: First of the yellow Roadsters. 800 made. All sold on the first day released.
    • J2-Limited: like the J-Limited in yellow but sold in 1994 with the 1.8 engine. 800 made.
    • R2-Limited: Nice car but not on same level as White R-Limited, because it didn’t have the underpinnings of the RS-Limited whilst the interior wasn’t to the same spec (black dash, etc.) 500 made.
    • Laguna Blue S-Special: Not really a Limited edition but great exterior colour available only in 1994. Don’t see many around least of all factory original.
    • S-Special 2: Not so much a limited edition but only available in 1995 so warrants a place. The montego blue version is sometimes confused with a RS-Limited given exterior colour and both came with 15’BBS wheels as standard.
    • G-Limited: Mica Satellite Blue paint is always a winner and the suede seats unusual. 1500 made in 1995.
    • SR-Limited- Almost and end of line MK1. Unusual colour but never that popular whilst unlike the JDM limited editions in the main days really only a colour and interior upgrade. 700 made.
    • B2-Limited: like the SR-Limited a bit of an end of line car. 1000 made.

Sometimes confused with limited editions when seen for sale but in my mind more ‘model trims’ as available over a number of years and no limited numbers.

V-Spec: Available in black or BRG with tan interior. Later version with the 1.8 engine often referred to as the type 2.
    S-Special: Available most commonly in black but sometimes in red. Good spec with light-weight BBS wheels, chassis bracing, etc. Becoming more difficult to find these original.
    Last edited by Madaboutmx5s; 08-30-2019 at 03:11 PM.

MadaboutMX5s

**** Tuckin 99 N2 'FM2 Turbo' Eunos Roadster ****
    **** Pitcrew Racing 'IRTB'd' Eunos Roadster ****
    **** 1995 'Stock' Satellite Blue Eunos Roadster R Limited ****
    **** 1993 Eunos Roadster 'JDM' S-Special ****
    **** 1991 'Stock' Eunos Roadster J Limited ****
    **** 1995 'Stock' Chaste White Eunos Roadster R Limited ****
    **** 1994 'Stock' Eunos Roadster RS Limited ****
    **** GReddy Turbo 'Demo' Chaste White Eunos Roadster R Limited ****

Instagram
    Facebook

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Madaboutmx5s For This Useful Post:

HMT (09-04-2019),MikeA (08-31-2019),Phatmiata (09-01-2019),vote4pedro (04-03-2021)