Thread: 96-97 JDM Tombstone

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Flyin 92's Avatar
    Drives
    White '92
    Thanks Given

96-97 JDM Tombstone

Like the title says, I'm looking to buy the true double-done tombstone from the 96-97 Eunos (note the 'lip" inside the radio opening). I have a very clean 90-93 JDM tombstone with radio trim I can trade if anyone is in need (identical to the USDM version). I know MiataRoadster sells them, but at $95 + shipping, it is a bit steep. I'd rather try my luck here before dropping money on a new one. I've included a pic for reference. Any leads would be very much appreciated.
    JDM Tombstone.jpg
    Last edited by Flyin 92; 12-14-2019 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zacatac View Post
    If I said the things in my head I would make a lot of enemies. All I wanted to say was "Isn't the fact that your double chin is resting on your tits enough motivation?"
    Link to the most lack-luster build in MR history

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Roadster7's Avatar
    Drives
    '94 Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 402 Posts
    The photo you included is of an NA6 tombstone, but I'm assuming it's just for reference of the double din variation. Here's one you're looking for:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163892102236?ul_noapp=true

Might clean up well, or worst case just some SEM paint.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Roadster7's Avatar
    Drives
    '94 Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 402 Posts
    Also, welcome back after 2 years.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift JamieH's Avatar
    Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,021 Times in 1,162 Posts
    I have an extra I'd sell for $30 shipped. It ain't perfect though, far from to be honest. No cracks or breaks, but some scratches and dents. I'll get some pics in a bit.

And unless Bill has another listing on his site, I don't believe he sells the specific '96.5-'97 double din. I know he can get the JDM '97 for the 1.6 cars. But the '94-'97 tombstone he has listed is the non-din one.

'96.5-'97 double din is Mazda part# NB38-55-210A-00

Re-reading the post, just to be clear, you are looking for double din tombstone for a US 1.8 airbag dash, correct? Because those weren't JDM.

I know the annoyance of tracking these down. I ended up with 2 that weren't up to my standards to use before finding one out of a salvage yard '97. And even it ain't quite as nice as I'd like.

For anyone else looking in on this thread, here's a pic showing the key difference between a non-din and double din '94-'97 tombstones.

On the left is a non-din '94-96.5. On the right is a double din '96.5-'97.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JamieH For This Useful Post:

MaRcOp01o (11-25-2019)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift JamieH's Avatar
    Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,021 Times in 1,162 Posts
    Pics of the extra one I have. I understand if it's not up to your standards as well.

It'll require the transfer of the attachment clips and a couple of the vent tabs from another tombstone. And more importantly, the center support bar if you plan to use a single din radio and something like the OEM storage pocket.

$30 shipped.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Flyin 92's Avatar
    Drives
    White '92
    Thanks Given
    Thanks for the help, ya'll, but I'm looking for the one MiataRoadster sells..... but for less doll hairs:

https://miataroadster.com/mazda/mazd.../i-411820.aspx

It's a true double-din and it fits the NA6 dash because Japan is awesome and used the same dash design for all years of the NA.
    Quote Originally Posted by zacatac View Post
    If I said the things in my head I would make a lot of enemies. All I wanted to say was "Isn't the fact that your double chin is resting on your tits enough motivation?"
    Link to the most lack-luster build in MR history