Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miata Reunion 2020

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    OK....

I have been cleared to talk about this and I'm posting here FIRST.

Here is a synopsis of activities planned for the 2020 Reunion:

Car show & BBQ at host hotel
    Hotlapping (in the Gentleman's sense) of Road Atlanta - staged by yours truly with Jzilla Track Days (shameless plug)
    Instructors available for novices.
    Autocross at the skidpad, located on the Road Atlanta infield
    Vendor Villiage (infield)
    Club corrallls (Halloween themed? - infield)
    Parade Laps
    Group Photo/Drone video
    Band/music
    Banquet/party

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (01-08-2020),MiataQuest (01-08-2020),Phatmiata (01-11-2020),Professor Dwight (01-21-2020),revlimiter (01-08-2020),Slampen (01-08-2020),tsingson (01-08-2020)

Drives
    Sharka
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,007 Times in 1,278 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by druz View Post
    I realize I'm way out of the main demographic, but that's rough to hold it on Halloween. That might be the nail in the coffin for any more consideration for this year.
    Same. We've discussed it a lot and my daughter would be crushed to miss Halloween.

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    I get it, I really do.

It is extremely rare to stage such a large, model-specific event at a venue like this.

A lot of times you have to deal with the dates they give you. I’ve been to this track many times, believe me the weather at this time of the year is a lot better than late May through early October. ;)

The Reunion will be moving around, so expect there to be a different venue every year.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! 3MiataFamily's Avatar
    Drives
    '94 Miata
    Thanks Given
    I will be putting the info out to the Nutmeg Club at our planning meeting on Jan 26...its been quite a few years since I have been to RA...last time was whatever year that SCCA had their last Runoffs there before moving to Mid Ohio...which was also before the track was re-configured to its present setup...YIKES!!...that's a bunch of years
    President Nutmeg Miata Club/94 C pkg/163k/VMaxx/RB header/exhaust/NEW PAINT!/RB sways/OZ Racing Starlights/Boss Frog Twin

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 3MiataFamily For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (01-11-2020)

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given

Miata Reunion 2020

The 90s. They fixed “gravity cavity” and added 10a/b in the late 90’s or early ‘00.

Of all the tracks we run at, RA has one of the best and most professional safety crews (corner workers, medical, fire, and race control) in the biz. I can’t believe some the stuff they pick up on and spot on the cars going past them at the speeds they attain. A really close-knit group and a pleasure to work with.

I think making a long weekend of this would be nice. Something like attending the events Fri evening through Sat, and maybe using Th and Sun to explore the mountain roads.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! 3MiataFamily's Avatar
    Drives
    '94 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Yes...that downhill followed by the uphill to the bridge was terrifying the first time I was there...I ran a 3 hr IMSA race in 84...in a AMC CSPC car...was the last year for the rear drive cars before IMSA switched to a FWD class...a friend was running his Mazda 626 and he made the AMC really affordable for me and another friend. WE finished 24th...the 626 broke
    President Nutmeg Miata Club/94 C pkg/163k/VMaxx/RB header/exhaust/NEW PAINT!/RB sways/OZ Racing Starlights/Boss Frog Twin

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 3MiataFamily For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (01-11-2020)

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given

Miata Reunion 2020

They widened the curbing at T3 two years ago to fix the black hole next to it. The curbs have been painted yellow and blue (Michelin colors), and the new tower was completed for Petit Lemans last autumn. The new tower is easily 2-3x the size of old one and I’m told no longer smells like cigarettes in the upper floors

I haven’t been in it yet but our Safety Manager is the track steward there full time when he not working for us. They have been choosy about who uses the new tower now, which makes sense. We had to run our events from the Pro paddock last season because of the construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12