Thanks Given

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (12-30-2020)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! hoodedreeper's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (12-30-2020),HarryB (12-21-2020)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,006 Times in 1,169 Posts
    This is by far the coolest Micra I have ever seen

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarryB For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (12-30-2020),hoodedreeper (12-23-2020)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    I purchased an eBay short shifter a few months ago but was waiting for the exhaust to be changed to do so. While the Gizfab 4-2-1 Manifold was being fitted I also installed this along with a new stock middle section.

Installation was straight forward with the help from Leadfoot's video on youtube. Although the washers provided weren't enough I had to purchase some thicker ones.

If anyone reading this is planning on fitting one, make sure you thread lock the bolts to prevent them coming loose.

Its made such a difference with the driving experience, it was certainly worth the £44 and half an hour on a ramp .

Another eBay purchase was this badge, couldnt help myself lol

A friend contacted me asking if I'd be interested in some wheels that he had on his Reliant Scimitar SS1. At first glance they looked like Wanatabe, but upon closer inspection they're stamped Enkei on the back, in a 14x6j ET38 fitment.

I just need to find some centre caps which seem tricky to find. The bore is 63mm but I'd like taller caps like on the Minilite wheels

Tyre size is more baloon-y with the side wall slightly taller being a 185/60r14. These will do for now and still suit the car IMO

After weeks and weeks of searching, I FINALLY have a 1.4 manual transmission ECU,key and receiver. The car has been running on the 1.0 ECU which has been fine for 90% of the time. It would occasionally be lumpy or hold back (like a minor misfire) when pulling away.

With the car hoping to see a track day next year, I felt I needed the correct ECU to make sure the fuel/ignition is correct. I know the Bosch ECUs will self learn to an extent, but its for peace of mind

I was very very close to sending the 1.0 ECU to Tornado Systems to have their chip installed, it may be a path I'd consider down the line but for now I'm happy with how the car is running.

I'd like to get it on a Dyno at some point to see how many ponies have escaped over the years

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (12-30-2020),HarryB (12-30-2020),MaRcOp01o (12-30-2020),MiataQuest (12-30-2020)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    There comes a stage with every car build I have where the car is looking really good (perhaps perfect in some eyes) and nothing needs to be changed or altered. Then I get an idea in my head, become determined to carry out said idea(s) thus ruining the car completely. Sometimes it works in my favour and it works and looks good, other times not so much and I live with regret until I do something about it.

For example, I admit the Purple MX5 looked its ABSOLUTE best when the wide arches,garage vary taillights, mazdaspeed bumper and Work Meister S1s were installed. It was simple, stylish and looked stunning. Then I got bored and decided to do the aero and chassis mount wing (cue the idea in my head)

Anyway.... its now got to that stage with the Micra build

I decided to fit a prefacelift front end haha

Lets rewind to the fitting process

With all of the facelift panels removed, I started with fitting the bonnet (hood) along with the front wings (fenders). With these in place the headlamps bolt in and you'll always have great fitment around the edge of the headlamp.

I couldnt resist a comparison photo between the two

Removal of the original wings was straight forward until it got to the bottom where it bolts to the sills. Both sides had suffered severe corrosion and there was no chance of removing them with a socket. With the help from the angle grinder I cut the wing off leaving the flat piece with the bolts still on the car. A little while later I got the bolts off and was left with two holes ready for the new wing to be bolted on.

To fit the bumper the front mount block box things needed trimming on the outer edges

The prefacelift bonnet catch was fitted and the aerocatches removed for the time being (unsure whether to refit them or not)

Next job was the headlamp wiring. The facelift units have seperate bulb holders for the indicator and sidelight. Where as the prefacelift uses a single plug to feed power to both lights.

I used some waterproof plugs we sell at work to make an adapter loom

I also copied the same wiring to the facelift lights so they're both interchangable (not that I plan on swapping back, but you never know)

The side repeater wiring needed swapping too which is just 2 wires each.

And there we have it, a front end swap This isn't the final form, theres more to come

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (01-12-2021),CollinMB (01-12-2021),MaRcOp01o (01-11-2021)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! lucmor444's Avatar
    Drives
    Silver 1996
    Thanks Given
    That is a better looking front end.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! CollinMB's Avatar
    Drives
    2016 Ceramic Metallic ND
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by lucmor444 View Post
    That is a better looking front end.
    Agreed