Quote Originally Posted by dnaha View Post
How do you like the Clearwater speakers? Worth the money? Looking to upgrade the speaker system in my Miata since I've been feeling like its lacking lately (more than usual)
Funny you should ask because I recently did a little work to them because they developed a rattling sound after over 10 years of service. I’ll be posting about it shortly. Everything seems to be working great a couple weeks afterwards and is now rattle free.

Overall I love the Clearwater speakers. The price tag does seem a high compared other options on the market but they some of the only speakers that properly integrate into the Bose system on NBs. I appreciate the fact that you don’t have to drill any new mounting holes to install the speakers, you can just use the factory provisions. I’d say they are worth it if you are really into OEM+ modifications and would like to upgrade the sound quality while also retaining the factory Bose system. I’m not a huge audio person and so the Clearwater speakers exceed my expectations when it comes to a sound system in a Miata. At higher volumes there is little to no distortion and everything is super crisp.